Beware of China Daily Mail Recruitment & Diploma Scam

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

Susan
Top Contributor

Re: Beware of China Daily Mail Recruitment & Diploma Scam

Unread post by Susan »

I think you need to be really careful; I would never send my resume, passport and visa scans to a person I don't know!
Traveler

Unread post by Traveler »

This is one of many posts by China Foreign Teachers Union (CFTU), using hundreds of spam identities across the internet. CFTU claims to be an independent union in China, run by expats. Such a union would be illegal under Chinese law. It is more likely a Chinese front to collect the names of teachers in China. They are banned from most expat sites in China.

China Daily Mail, a news site with almost 50 contributors, wrote a warning about this "organisation," and have been subjected to a non-stop campaign of harassment since, including fake links such as attached above.

Read about CFTU at http://chinadailymail.com/2013/03/25/ch ... nese-scam/
Traveler

Unread post by Traveler »

The above posts were all made by China Foreign Teachers Union (CFTU), which claims to be an independent union in China, run by expats. Such a union would be illegal under Chinese law. It is more likely a Chinese front to collect the names of teachers in China.

They are banned from most expat sites in China, so have made up a series of Wordpress and Blogger sites, such as China Scam Patrol and China Scam Busters, to give themselves false credibility.

They use hundreds of fake identities to spam internet forums, to give the appearance of a lot of support. They also use these fake identities to attack expat sites that have exposed them in the past, such as China Daily Mail, and to make personal attacks on individuals who have refused to assist them in their plans to extort teachers, recruiters and schools.

You can read about CFTU at http://chinadailymail.com/2013/03/25/ch ... nese-scam/