Jobs in Europe with no experience required

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

shrewchris

Jobs in Europe with no experience required

Unread post by shrewchris »

I have recently passed a TEFL Course with TEFL England and am looking for a post in Europe with no experience required. I have however got both a degree and a 120 hour TEFL Course including 20 hours classroom, 50 hours online, 20 hours video and 30 hours grammar.

I havent as yet had much response from the jobs I have applied for, if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Joe
Admin

Re: Jobs in Europe with no experience required

Unread post by Joe »

I'm confused. How much of your TEFL course was observed teaching practice with real live students of English?
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :? " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
shrewchris

Unread post by shrewchris »

The 20 hour classroom part involved getting taught how to teach english (myself along with other students on the course training to be a teacher) not us teaching students learning english. The rest of the course was online with a video and grammar element.

I have however been on english immersion program in Poland which involved talking to Polish participants and helping them with a presentation they undertook in front of the group.
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alex Case »

At least six hours of observed and graded teaching practice (which it seems to me that format could easily have included, but there you go) is the most important thing in a TEFL qualification, but it won't make it impossible to get any job in Europe as long as you have an EU passport. The main thing is to be flexible with location - Central and Eastern Europe plus Turkey have always been the easiest places to get jobs, and that's probably even more true now it seems only Turkey and Poland have economies which are growing. Your present troubles might be because you are applying for jobs which say "CELTA or equivalent" and your qualification is not.