Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby ThirdView » 11 Dec 2011, 06:51

My site isn't blocked. You can access it from this link. But the domain name www. Pei Zheng Scandal .com doesn't work in China. I can add horror stories about Karl, but I don't have time to go through 25 pages and glean them. When I discovered that The Truth was contradicting himself, I went through his posts and started collecting evidence to compare his statements. But he was posting so much and contradicting himself so many times, the task became too much. I can devote only so much time to any given Pei Zheng project and still lead a reasonably normal life.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/peizhengscandal/
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 11 Dec 2011, 16:15

Actually, the domain doesn't work in China because it's blocked in China. I have never heard of domains that are only intended for certain countries.

I think this thread has gone on long enough. Not much will happen here that means anything too direct for Karl Wang.

Perhaps from now on only Karl's own stupidity will bring him down. His is mistaken if he thinks replacing everybody with fresh, more naive meat next year will help. It simply means more and more people complaining about Peizheng. New people, rather than just the same old ones.

The Chinese idea that everybody is simply replaceable is flawed because the more people you piss off, the more likely you are to put someone's back up who can do real damage. So he's going to increase the likelihood of online reprisals, not decrease it.

So no Karl Wang material on any website.

That's it then. This is my last post. I'm going to close my account here. My work is done.

I also have limited time for fixing Peizheng. Everybody is on their own now.

Good luck to all.

For prospective Karl Wang victims in 2012:

DON'T WORK AT PEIZHENG COLLEGE. YOU WILL REGRET IT!
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 11 Dec 2011, 16:46

ThirdView wrote:When I discovered that The Truth was contradicting himself, I went through his posts and started collecting evidence to compare his statements. But he was posting so much and contradicting himself so many times, the task became too much.

"TheTruth" is nothing but an internet "Troll". He has truly posted more fabrication than truth (on this thread, as well as others). And, without a doubt, he (Andre) feels he can post whatever he fancies as long as he can get attention. As I remember, he was a bit needy of attention as a FT at PZ too.

Anyway, maybe now "TheTruth" will be more reluctant to post more BS on this thread now that he has been exposed. We can only hope to keep this thread clear and updated as much as possible and hope that other FTs who are there (new and old) will contribute to exposing the endless corruption of the PZ admin; especially the FAO (Karl Wang).

One new event: A new FT couple who have left recently (after giving fair notice), disputed their rather inflated power bill. After a heated "discussion" with FAO, eventually the FAO fessed up that there was a "mistake" and the charge was then reduced. Ah yeah, Karl up to his old tricks with the electric bills!
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 11 Dec 2011, 16:51

BTW:

Troll (n.)

From Dictionary.net:

One who "regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net."
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 11 Dec 2011, 17:05

A new FT couple who have left recently (after giving fair notice), disputed their rather inflated power bill. After a heated "discussion" with FAO, eventually the FAO fessed up that there was a "mistake" and the charge was then reduced. Ah yeah, Karl up to his old tricks with the electric bills!

I was charged 380 yuan every month. Now how can my electric bill be the same every month?
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 11 Dec 2011, 18:32

[quote="ThirdView"]I was charged 380 yuan every month. Now how can my electric bill be the same every month?[/quote]

It's no secret that Karl (thru the guise of the FAO) has been overcharging FTs on their electric bills for many years! I know a few FTs who were charged outrageous amounts during Spring Festival and Summer breaks, when they weren't even staying at PZ (due to traveling during the holidays).

Several years back, one FT (no longer there) was bold enough to challenge the FAO concerning the electric rates. Soon after a rather grueling contest, the FAO suddenly announced a decrease in the electric rates. The new rate was almost half the rate they had been charging the FTs for quite some time! It was rather obvious as to why suddenly the rates were reduced so much and so quickly after Karl was pressured to produce the rate records issued by the power company.

This is just another example of how Karl has used the FAO to procure extra money through his position.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 12 Dec 2011, 18:14

Moderator, I'm having password problems. I used to be automatically signed in. Now I have to sign in every time. Meanwhile, the system keeps telling me I'm using the wrong password, so I have to type it again. Then I'm told I made too many attempts to sign in, so I have to type a code. This is crazy. Please program the system to sign my in automatically forever.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 12 Dec 2011, 18:18

Several years back, one FT (no longer there) was bold enough to challenge the FAO concerning the electric rates. Soon after a rather grueling contest, the FAO suddenly announced a decrease in the electric rates. The new rate was almost half the rate they had been charging the FTs for quite some time! It was rather obvious as to why suddenly the rates were reduced so much and so quickly after Karl was pressured to produce the rate records issued by the power company.

I know this FT. He told me the story. It wasn't the first or last time he stood up to Karl. Yes, it's pretty obvious what happened to that extra money Karl charged the FTs for electricity. We "know" he's embezzling, but we don't have any documentation to prove it. If we could prove it, he would be in jail.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 21 Dec 2011, 16:47

[quote="ThirdView] Yes, it's pretty obvious what happened to that extra money Karl charged the FTs for electricity. We "know" he's embezzling, but we don't have any documentation to prove it. If we could prove it, he would be in jail.[/quote]

It wouldn't matter even if there was documentation. Karl is protected by one above, who he is sharing some of the "extra money" with. And, most of the Admin cover for each other due to maintaining their indivual ways of procuring "extra money" from teachers and students, as well as the school itself. The saddest fact is that even the Board members know about the embezzling, and they can't stop it either. As it is for sure, the college has been hijacked by the (card carrying) Admin.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 01 Feb 2012, 16:48

Max Long is gone. As of the first week of January. He is out of Peizheng. Off to pollute the next place he chooses to hang one of his hats.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby neverstopped » 17 Feb 2012, 17:10

Oookay. This all sounds quite horrible, whatever might be true or not. So: What other college would you recommend?
neverstopped
Registered Member

Unread postby Iconkiller » 23 Feb 2012, 04:30

Who cares anymore. People don't like too listen to good advice. Let them make their own mistakes. PZ is in the middle of no where. It is not near anything what so ever. Take a 25 minute bus ride too get to the nearest ok sized city about an hour and 45 minute bus ride to Guangzhou. That is if you are lucky enough to get onto a bus. Sometimes you have to wait an hour to get on a bus. The biggest problem with PZ is not FAO. It is all the FT's. Why would you want to work with so many FT's? They all talk too much crap. Most of the things they say are all lies. FAO and Karl. They are just doing chinese business. This is normal for chinese people. In Western eyes this is dirty business. But you are not in the WEST anymore. You are in China! Get over it.
Iconkiller
Silver Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 27 Apr 2012, 07:22

Looks like this forum has been pretty quiet for a while... just what the PZ admin were hoping for.

However, the college is still FUBAR. Most of the veteran FTs who were there, have left or leaving after this term. The BS still continues to grow exponentially.

Recently at a FT faculty meeting; the FTs were told to not complain to anyone about the conditions there and to only inform the FAO office of any problems and they will handle it. It appears (actually fact) that the college is undergoing another evaluation for its "university status". This means the students have to adhere to strict rules concerning their behavior, behavior patterns, and readiness to appear to be studious at all times while the committee is visiting again. The FTs (that were asked to return next term) have been informed it is in their best interest to be on their best behavior as well. Looks like dress codes for all, will be in effect.

A few former students (of mine) have informed me that they are now "forced" to take extra classes, on occasion, in order to be prepared in how to answer any questions a committee member may ask them during the evaluation. Basically, as some students have stated; they now have to attend classes to learn how to lie to the evaluators! And their supervisors are telling them it's in their best interest, because if the school passes the evaluation, then their degrees will be more meaningful. OMG!! What a bunch of crap. Unfortunately, many students will just do what they are told and the few who would refuse, would be too little to make any difference.

It's a sad state of affairs that the PZ Admin can't get there proverbial S--- together enough to actually make the college worthy of university status. Rather, they will do anything and everything to make PZ appear to be a genuine university instead of making it a genuine university. During the past year, nothing has really changed at this school for the better. Slowly more of the good qualities that it once had, are being removed and replaced with more rules, restrictions, and senseless paperwork for the FTs. There is absolutely no atmosphere of community amongst the FTs anymore. As much as there has always been a motley crew of foreigners here (yeah, too many for sure), at least in past, the FTs shared a common bond of being foreigners here. It appears that now PZ is relatively void of being an interactive community. Even many of the students have said it is very different this year; Not as interesting as past terms.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 29 Apr 2012, 03:36

UPDATE:

-- 3 unhappy foreign teachers just left. Karl insisted on changing their work visas to tourist visas to ensure they didn’t stay in China longer than a month. Never mind that the end of the term is only a couple of months away.

-- A foreign teacher was recently fired for getting physically involved with students. He was allowed to remain on campus for 2 weeks after his dismissal. So…a sexual predator is allowed to remain on campus, but a teacher who is unhappy at the school is not allowed to stay in China. Hmm.

-- One of the departing teachers has been in China for 5 years and reported, “I’ve never dealt with an administration like this administration.” Administration in this case refers to Karl and the office staff, since this same teacher reported having no problems whatsoever with Max or Arthur.

-- During a program B meeting scheduled to introduce the above replacement, Karl identified by name a program A teacher and carried on about this teachers offenses. The program B teachers were left to wonder what this has to do with meeting their new supervisor.

-- During a meeting scheduled for training the foreign teachers on the new electronic score form, Karl admonished everyone to behave during the Ministry of Education evaluation period and asked them to encourage the students not to make negative remarks to the evaluators. After this pep talk, it was announced that there would be no score form training. BTW, this meeting was held during lunchtime. [Looks like PuzzleBox beat me to part of this announcement. OK, confirmation.]

-- Max has been replaced by a Chinese teacher. This replacement is not in her office on Tuesdays and Fridays.

-- Monthly meetings are history. No monthly meetings during Max’s second term. No monthly meetings with his replacement.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 09 May 2012, 23:14

Before Max, two dozen foreign teachers applied for the Program B supervisor position. After Max, only two applicants. The foreign population is about 50, down from about 80 when the controversies started. Program B teachers no longer have a foreign supervisor: Max’s replacement is Chinese and the change is permanent. Mass emailing among foreign teachers has been banned. Foreigners don’t hangout with each other and participate in activities together near as often. Many longtimers are jumping ship.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 09 May 2012, 23:17

At no other school in China have I seen such level and length of conflict. Foreign against foreigner, foreigner against Chinese, Chinese against foreigner, faculty against administration, administration against faculty, administrator against administrator.

Nor have I ever seen such carnage. Damage to careers and finances. Loss of employees and damage to school reputation.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 01 Jun 2012, 04:21

Letter to Liang Pu Fian, who is chairman of the board of trustees and the founders son, and to Zhang Lei, the new president.

http://peizhengletter.webspawner.com/
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby stillinpz » 02 Jun 2012, 17:26

you have an anger issue. you should seriously consider getting some professional help, it ain't good for your health in the long run. so what if the school let you go. this is life. schools, business or any place of employment are looking after their best interest and you weren't in this school's best interest so they let you go. let your anger go and be happy with your life.

ThirdView wrote:At no other school in China have I seen such level and length of conflict. Foreign against foreigner, foreigner against Chinese, Chinese against foreigner, faculty against administration, administration against faculty, administrator against administrator.

Nor have I ever seen such carnage. Damage to careers and finances. Loss of employees and damage to school reputation.
stillinpz
Registered Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 03 Jun 2012, 11:34

Nobody told Karl, Arthur, or Max to "let it go." When they got a hard on for a foreign teacher - and they've had a hard on for many foreign teachers - they went after that foreign teacher and didn't relent. And nobody intervened. But when a foreign teacher exposes the behavior of these 3 administrators, people start lining up to play spin doctor, life coach, and even attack dog.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 03 Jun 2012, 11:38

If you're still at Pei Zheng, then you've watched an enormous amount of carnage pile up over the last 3 semesters. And it's still piling up. Yet another foreign teacher, and 8 year veteran of the school, left for Thailand last week. You see the carnage piling up, yet you pretend you don't see it.
ThirdView
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia