Recently I passed my Cambridge CELTA course in Oxford and I am now seeking employment. I have applied to BKC in Moscow and have completed the pre-interview task to their satisfaction. The next stage is an interview by Skype that will be taking place on Friday the 11th of May. After reading their website I have prepared the following list of questions to ask them.
1) What levels of student will I be teaching?
2) Ditto age groups.
3) What are the class sizes?
4) To help me plan ahead, what information will you be able to give me on the above, and on individual students before I take up my post?
5) What is the dress code for teachers?
6) What classroom facilities do you have, e.g. white board, DVD/cassette players, TV/digital projection, computers/wifi/internet?
7) What will be my usual hours of work?
How many sites will I be teaching at and how much travelling per day will this involve?
9) What is the school policy with regard to placement tests for students?
10) My knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet is non existent. How familiar are the students likely to be with the Roman and Phonemic alphabets?
11) Is the accommodation provided fully furnished? Does this include bedding, a washing machine cookery/eating utensils and internet/wifi facilities?
12) Is there likely to be a laundrette/drycleaners nearby?
If anyone reading this post has experience of working for BKC or in Moscow, I would be grateful if he or she could give me answers to any of the above and suggest what other questions I should be asking. BKC have asked me whether I would prefer to work in Moscow or in one of the smaller towns. What advice could anyone give me here? The place Zelnograd has also been mentioned. Is this a good area or somewhere to avoid?
If you have read this far into my post, thank you very much indeed. I look forward to receiving any advice or information that you may be able to give me.
I look forward to hearing from you.