any difference between part time and full time CELTA course?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

kimmm

any difference between part time and full time CELTA course?

Unread post by kimmm »

Sorry if its a silly question but im new to this and just want a bit of advice before i jump onto a course and regretting it. I've read that CELTA is the best option as its more recognised around the world but is there any difference whatsoever if i do a part time or full time course? apart from the length obviously.

Any replies would be much appreciated :)
josef
Admin

Re: any difference between part time and full time CELTA cou

Unread post by josef »

These points about part-/full-time TEFL courses (not specifically CELTA) may be of some help:
http://www.tefl.net/tefl-courses/faq-te ... m#parttime
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alex Case »

A more recent difference is that part time CELTAs are more likely to be blended nowadays, with much of the study being done online and so travelling to the centre for "input sessions" maybe once every two weeks rather than twice a week as it often was. Depends on the centre though. Are you sure there is even a part-time course near you?
kimmm

Unread post by kimmm »

I live in London so I've seen a few centres that have the part time course but I am struggling to decide which centre to opt for as I've come across some bad reviews on centres such as St Giles College, International House. Do you have any recommendations? or is there somewhere I can find recommendations and read more reviews on all the centres.

Thanx in advance =)