CELTA China

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

AlanF

CELTA China

Unread post by AlanF »

Hi all!

I have been looking at the wild world of TEFL for a while now and I feel quite strongly that it is the kind of career that I could not only excell at but also enjoy.

Having weighed up my options I think that China is my best bet for finding a position given my qualifications and experience (not to mention my personal interests). I am looking at doing a CELTA before I start but can only find one company that do CELTA courses in China (Language Link). Can anyone recommend them or any other organisation in China?

Thanks in advance.

Alan
josef
Admin

Re: CELTA China

Unread post by josef »

I understand that you want to teach in China, but is there any special reason you want to do a TEFL course in China? There need be no correlation between where you do a course and where you teach. CELTA courses are accepted worldwide.

Cambridge ESOL currently shows two CELTA centres in China.
AlanF

Unread post by AlanF »

Thanks for the link Josef it is very helpful.

There are multiple reasons I want to do the CELTA training in China. The main reason is because I plan to go travelling through Central Asia in the next few months. The plan would be to end up in China and do my training at the end of the summer. Sadly, I don't have the time or money to study at home in the UK before I travel.

Another reason is because I can get the required amount of privacy while travelling that I can't get while living at home.

Thanks again. That link is exactly what I needed to help me finish my planning.

Alan
RubyCamp

Unread post by RubyCamp »

I'm in Beijing and have had a couple of mates go through the CELTA here. No problem. It's just like Josef says, the course should be stock standard all over. At least living over here is cheaper than the UK for ya!