Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 26 Nov 2011, 01:27

Arabrab wrote:...M's (Max's) parents, they knew he'd come to CN to turn over a new leaf. He'd been in trouble with the police for "mildly" interfering with 5 small children, and needed to escape the publicity.

You people don't get it, do you? Part of Max's sexual organ was harvested when he was a newborn. Why wouldn't he abuse small children? Monkey see, monkey do. Why else would the USA be in the middle of a child abuse epidemic and why else would it be on top of the world in terms of serial killers? It even has its own serial killer wikipedia page in addition to being the king on the world serial killer page.

The US is in a cycle of abuse, no doubt about it. So stop bashing China, as screwed up as it may be, unless you are going to open your mind about even worse stuff in western countries, especially the USA.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 26 Nov 2011, 01:28

Thirdview: Expose Max's behaviour? OK.... Once, M effusively offered to look after Bella (sausage-dog of Courtney & Jason) while they went away, he was SO full of how he'd love walking her several times a day and sleep at the house all the time, loving and caring for her to bits! He was paid a lot, 500 yuan if i recall correctly. The first and second day day he came for 5 mins ONLY, ran Bella round the flower bed circle outside Courtney's house, then left smartly on his bike, to return 24 hrs later. THEN, he never appeared for 3 whole days, Bella was shrieking and yelping, going wild, bashing against the windows frantically. I then realised that the jerk wasn't coming at all. My phone calls to his house, unanswered. So I got urgently Karl & Far to break into the house. They said Jerkie had actually gone away on a 3-day trip with some Ss. Poor Bella was in THE MOST FRIGHTFUL state, no food, no water. She'd ripped to shreds all the soft furnishings, curtains looked like a lawnmower flayed them, the bedding, clothes, everything totally trashed!!! We then fed, watered, and nursed the poor thing back from hell.

C & J were OUTRAGED on their return, beside themselves, at his betrayal since he was actually the son of old family friends of theirs back home. The wreckage of their home and clothes was shocking. Then it came out... being long-standing old friends of M's parents, they knew he'd come to CN to turn over a new leaf. He'd been in trouble with the police for "mildly" interfering with 5 small children, and needed to escape the publicity.
So there you have it. Behaviour in Buckets full.

Oh, yes, and how he used to cycle to our house at 06.30 am a few times, and slide under our door the wierdest sicko maudlin sentimental VERY NEATLY written little notes.
Used to freak me out.

Every new member brings a few more horror stories to this forum. I wish I had time to compile all these stories. Especially the ones about Karl and Max.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 26 Nov 2011, 01:41

ThirdView wrote:Moderator, can we delete the posts about organ transplants and foreskins?

Moderator, can we delete posts which bash China? Foreigners aren't allowed to delve into politics in China, and it's not the purpose of this thread.

But clearly this thread is an interesting one. ThirdView makes good points about accusing people of things without proof, but he seems to be a bit agressive in pursuing his own agenda.

Posts which address the bad behaviour of foreign teachers and the reasons why those teachers behave badly seem suitable for this thread. Two posters bash China and are rebutted. If my posts are removed, then the previous posts bashing China should probably be removed as well.

ThirdView, you aren't the owner of this thread. This thread is not about you and your agenda. It's more than that. If people post here, we have the right or duty to argue against what they post.

Why are posters commenting on Chinese labour camps in the first place? Let's perhaps not delve into politics too much here, then. Posters stated that PZ is run by the party. Fine. But if we run deeper into politics and start rubutting each others' arguments, it becomes too political.

But in general, if poster A makes a point, poster B should be allowed to reply. Isn't that what a thread is about?
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 26 Nov 2011, 01:57

ThirdView:

Would you say the following?

- this thread is about Peizheng
- this thread therefore is about problems in Peizheng
- this thread therefore is largely about Max and Karl

If so, I would agree with you. But if you say this thread is a vehicle for bashing China and posting a (dishonest) pro-American agenda, I would have to say I disagree completely.

Be prepared for counter-arguments to postings.

Chinese have no right to study in the US and delve into politics there. Foreign experts aren't allowed to do that here.

I know your agenda is to keep the focus of this thread on Max and Karl and Arthur. I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem when you try to stifle my counter-arguments.

The USA is imperfect. China is imperfect. So what? This thread is about Peizheng. Post comments here and expect a response. Very simple.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby sarcasm » 27 Nov 2011, 07:38

[quote="truthiness"][quote="Arabrab"]To quote "Sarcasm" -

The posts by Sarcasm do appear to be from the hand of John Oxley (The Enforcer), and not of someone who is "coming back" to Peizheng. British spelling conventions are dead giveaways that he isn't American. And the contraction for the word "because" ('cos) seems to be British or from down under possibly?

Personally I wouldn't mind an enforcer, as long as he is just, and not some lackey to the TEFL equivalent to Rock Hudson on his death bed.

Enforcer i may be.. but Oxley no
Lets keep the forum on track. RobertD and his wife Arabrab (Barbara Dingwall) just love to go off on their own tangent.. (both on the same tangent)

Tell people about the school not about organ harvesting in China or the US.. Get a life you two.

From my recollection you two left PZ to start a new career in the city. This failed so you came
back to PZ, this after all the critisism you gave the place prior to leaving. You were lucky they were desperate for teachers...
Maybe you do need enforcer Arabarb.....
sarcasm
Registered Member

Unread postby Arabrab » 28 Nov 2011, 16:55

Sarcasm,

PZ's always desperate for teachers, every term, year on year, for the past decade in my knowledge. Thats why sub-standard people keep on being hired. You're abusive, and anyone who'd like their name to be "Sarcasm" sounds like a friendless tormented soul.

Get a Life, you say? Well, from a magic genie we DID get a wonderful new life, but perhaps you don't know? It WAS all round PZ. We left on being given a surprise 750,000 US dollars out of the blue. A Judge wrested it from thieving will-forging LA freemasons and it became mine. Now THERE'S a life, no?! We bought a lovely villa on the Mediterranean, views to die for. We travel freely.

We really enjoy the FREEDOM and cleanliness in contrast to PZ - Imagine it... No guards, no uniforms, no spitting, no FAO crap, no fu-du busses, no nose- and ear-picking, no baby excrement and urine at shop doorways, no scowling from Chinese professors spitting as they pass by, no more ear-splitting loud-speaker Control exhortations renting the air, no more summoning by bells, Oh you know the sort of things, the list could go on. And I've just had a book published. But YOU still do classes, trapped at squalid PZ.

Byeeeeeee
Arabrab
Registered Member

Unread postby truthiness » 28 Nov 2011, 17:11

Arabrab wrote:Sarcasm,

PZ's always desperate for teachers, every term, year on year, for the past decade in my knowledge. Thats why sub-standard people keep on being hired. You're abusive, and anyone who'd like their name to be "Sarcasm" sounds like a friendless tormented soul.

Get a Life, you say? Well, from a magic genie we DID get a wonderful new life, but perhaps you don't know? It WAS all round PZ. We left on being given a surprise 750,000 US dollars out of the blue. A Judge wrested it from thieving will-forging LA freemasons and it became mine. Now THERE'S a life, no?! We bought a lovely villa on the Mediterranean, views to die for. We travel freely.

We really enjoy the FREEDOM and cleanliness in contrast to PZ - Imagine it... No guards, no uniforms, no spitting, no FAO crap, no fu-du busses, no nose- and ear-picking, no baby excrement and urine at shop doorways, no scowling from Chinese professors spitting as they pass by, no more ear-splitting loud-speaker Control exhortations renting the air, no more summoning by bells, Oh you know the sort of things, the list could go on. And I've just had a book published. But YOU still do classes, trapped at squalid PZ.

Byeeeeeee

No offence to you, "Sarcasm", but this post is pure gold! Well done, Barbara. I'm not being sarcastic. This is well-written. I do believe you have published a book.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby Arabrab » 28 Nov 2011, 21:27

Thank you Truthiness. Great compliment. Wish I knew who you are.

Let Truth prevail, anyway.

And all that nonsense talk about people needing Enforcement, and Being The Enforcer... what dark vales some people stalk. Power mania. Too long in CN, I'd say.

The object of this thread after all was/is to INFORM prospective PZ applicants of what life is like there. Can't anyone else come up with more specifics?

I'd like to hear more PZ currently offputting facts from you Truthiness, and Puzzlebox, who's also obviously of reliable intellect and opprobrium, and Iconkiller, Thirdview, and JohnPZ. All decent minds. Let's be having it.

Must get my beauty sleep now.
XXXX
Arabrab
Registered Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 29 Nov 2011, 19:42

I pressed the "quick reply" button:

Some of the side tracking does tend to take this thread a bit off topic. Organ harvesting and transplants? As interesting as that topic may be; what does it have to do with PZ? Labor camps in Chini? No surprise really. As for all the atrocities that every culture has committed in history; I hardly see what that has to do with PZ either. Politics? Can never seem to get away from them. As for this thread being mostly concerned with Karl (the Wang) and Maxi (Perv)? They are only part of the problem at PZ. Karl is a power hungry and greedy little man (and I forgot to mention Evil). Unfortunately, FTs have to deal with this man. Maxi sold out the FTs as he lived a short half-life of a little power; only displaying his ineptness as a director/leader and showing some of his psychotic colors. Whatever his past is/was; it is only his recent past as a leaderless and clueless director that truly concerns this thread. There has been more than enough name calling and person bashing on this thread to make for more colorful reading. If the facts are colorful; so be it. But let's not make accusations without facts. And, there is certainly no need for fabrication. That's what we have "TheTruth" here for.

Now. Concerning the Party members who are running the college and having taken over the college from the founders/board? If the shoe fits...

The only concern of the PZ admin is that they keep control and maintain power in order to continue their reign of corruption. Like the true neo-capitalists they are, they only care to exploit their positions for as long as they can; thus, making money from everyone (FTs, CTs and students). They all have their hands in the pie. You can close your eyes to it, if you want. But that doesn't make it go away. We are not children anymore and this is not Kansas.

It's good to see this thread blooming into December as if it were springtime, as PZ continues on its downward spiral.

BTW: Even students have noticed (and have mentioned) that many of the supervisors and directors/leaders are driving new cars lately. I find it quite interesting and amusing that they are actually noticing and questioning things these days.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 30 Nov 2011, 19:25

Arabrab wrote: ...We really enjoy the FREEDOM and cleanliness in contrast to PZ - Imagine it... No guards, no uniforms, no spitting, no FAO crap, no fu-du busses, no nose- and ear-picking, no baby excrement and urine at shop doorways, no scowling from Chinese professors spitting as they pass by, no more ear-splitting loud-speaker Control exhortations renting the air, no more summoning by bells, Oh you know the sort of things, the list could go on...

And a villa in the Mediterranean. Sounds good to me. Enjoy "the good life".

Yes. The list could go on and on; as the PZ admin is certain to continue its blatant disregard for accountability and to make up the rules as it so pleases.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 01 Dec 2011, 10:20

TheTruth wrote:To ArabArab above and the others,

1. I am absolutely not MIss Shemerry but I do know her, of course, and I am in contact with her now and then at her new job in Guangzhou.

2. I am not Paul A., from New Zealand, but I do know him of course, and I am in direct contact with him through mutual friends.

3. It is interesting reading who I am and who I am not but I am still right there, in front of you, witnessing the new goings on everyday at the College.

Subtracting Shemerry and Paul from the equation still has kept many posters here guessing. Now subtract all the other guesses made here as well.

Yet; adding things up comes to the sum of one going by many net names.

No longer at PZ and not right there in front of those who are still at PZ.
Yet right here online, in front of us. And not witnessing (firsthand) the new goings on everyday.

"TheTruth" = Andre
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby VocalRush » 01 Dec 2011, 10:43

Andre? If it is the same person (and I'm 100% certain it is!) as who has been attacking my school for over two years and teachers who dare to defend it, he goes by the name of "Alex".

Follow this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2896

if you'd like to make comparisons. Is this guy going around using similar names (Andre/Alex) in the real world (not the internet world) of China? How can that be? Regardless of his "real" moniker, I guess it's nice to know it's not just my school he's railed against! :)
VocalRush
Silver Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 01 Dec 2011, 19:21

I don't care about his identity. I care about his actions. Let's not take up the identity search again. Let's focus on the state of affairs at Pei Zheng. Who has succeeded Max? Did Karl or Arthur issue an official version of his demotion? Were they able to fill their quota of foreign teachers this semester in spite of Internet activity over the summer? Did the newcomers catch wind of this string? Did the newcomers in Program B watch the meltdown video? Did they read my blog? Did any newcomers confront Max or Karl about any of this? How many FT are leaving at the end of this term? Are they still trying to withhold the February pay? Are Karl's superiors aware of how much damage he and Max have done to the school's reputation? Are the stories of increased paperwork true? If so, exactly what are the new requirements? What's the reaction to these new requirements?
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Dec 2011, 02:14

ThirdView wrote:I don't care about his identity. I care about his actions. Let's not take up the identity search again. Let's focus on the state of affairs at Pei Zheng

With all due respect ThirdView:

Any "Troll" who slanders and fabricates on this thread (without facts), does harm to the credibility of this thread. And, "TheTruth" has spread many vicious rumors and has done more than his fair share of FT bashing as well as bashing the school. He is just as bad as the PZ admin in his disregard for accountability. It would appear that TheTruth is Andre (a former PZ FT before your time) and his posts have constantly misinformed readers and have misdirected this thread on more than several occasions. So yeah, he should be exposed just as Max, Karl and Arthur should be exposed for their wrong doings.

ThirdView; your agenda is well-known here. You seek revenge against Max, Karl and Arthur for their unfair treatment of you and by not renewing your contract. We can all understand your dismay and even your anger concerning what happened to you. However, please remember that your agenda is "Your Agenda" and as you have certainly helped to 'stir up the pot' online about PZs many pitfalls, this thread should serve as a WARNING to any unsuspecting FTs who are contemplating working at PZ and to document FACTS concerning the school's actions and ever changing situation.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Dec 2011, 02:51

ThirdView wrote:Who has succeeded Max? Did Karl or Arthur issue an official version of his demotion? Were they able to fill their quota of foreign teachers this semester in spite of Internet activity over the summer? Did the newcomers catch wind of this string? Did the newcomers in Program B watch the meltdown video? Did they read my blog? Did any newcomers confront Max or Karl about any of this? How many FT are leaving at the end of this term? Are they still trying to withhold the February pay? Are Karl's superiors aware of how much damage he and Max have done to the school's reputation? Are the stories of increased paperwork true? If so, exactly what are the new requirements? What's the reaction to these new requirements?

In an attempt to answer some of your many questions, to the best of my knowledge:

I believe there has been no successor to Max yet as program B director.

No official version of his demise as director. It seems that he resigned and nobody is really sure of what happened or why. I don't think anyone really cares.

If you have read some of the previous recent posts here; of course, they came up short in recruiting new FTs for this past term. They are scraping the barrel as usual and as they are always desperate to hire enough FTs each term. They have overloaded classes this term and many FTs are doing OT (whether they want to or not).

I think that most foreigners who have followed any of the PZ threads, have most likely stayed away. As far as newcomers who have followed your blog and who have viewed the meltdown video is anybody's guess. And, if they have, why would they confront Max or Karl about it?

It seems that several FTs are leaving at the end of this term and of the ones staying until June, many have alluded to this being their last year there. The place has become an unbearable work environment. Much worse than ever before.

I have recently heard that FAO will withhold the February pay again. but I'm not sure until when. I just received the news the other day. Yes, they are up to their 'old tricks' again. Always changing the rules to suit their needs.

Do you really think Karl's superiors are concerned with his actions? Karl is protected by his superior! Don't you get it? The PZ admin have basically hijacked the college from the board of directors. Have you been following this thread?

Yes, there has been an absurd increase in senseless paperwork. Also, Arthur has demanded that every FT submit a formatted resume to him. Some think he is selling them to agents recruiting foreign teachers. This could be true since it appears PZ is losing many FTs and will be most likely getting rid of any FTs who have been there a while. That would seem to be their way to try and stop the internet forums concerning their wrong doings. Kind of an "out of sight, out of mind" approach.

Does it matter what the exact requirements are now? The reaction is a lot of disgruntling FTs but they do what they have to do in their own ways to deal with it. But I'm sure it is a reason why many FTs will not return again after their contract is completed (both new and veteran FTs). Of course, there are always the FTs there who will just bend over and take it; doing whatever is asked of them in order the keep the job.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 02 Dec 2011, 05:22

You seek revenge.

It's not revenge. It's accountability. Revenge is much easier. And it's not just me. It's the many good people I saw victimized. And it's the Magick Cafe.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 02 Dec 2011, 05:43

Karl is protected by his superior!

They won't hesitate to throw Karl to the approaching wolves. If the school's reputation becomes bad enough, he won't be able to fill the positions, or won't be able to fill them with good teachers. They will get rid of him to protect themselves just as he got rid of Max in an effort to take the heat off himself.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Dec 2011, 05:47

ThirdView wrote:
You seek revenge.

It's not revenge. It's accountability. Revenge is much easier. And it's not just me. It's the many good people I saw victimized. And it's the Magick Cafe.

My apologies; Revenge may have been a bad word choice. It was the easiest word to get the idea across.

And yeah, many have been victimized by the Karl-Arthur-Max gang.

I did discover something rather interesting the other day while chatting with a PZ friend. It does concern a FT (nameless), whose Chinese GF?Wife? was running a small cookery/restaurant out of their PZ subsidized apartment all of last year (basically a small business). He is still teaching there, and it seems that now this couple will open a small place outside of campus for business. So we can only wonder; Why this FT and his GF/wife are allowed to do this, when xFT M was 'let go' due to his volunteer involvement with the Magick Cafe? And also, another FT was threatened to lose his job if he continued to volunteer help at the Cafe too. Something seems fishy there and I'm not talking about the food!

BTW: I do believe xFT M when he said the Cafe was a place where culture/language exchange was encouraged MORE than it being a place of business. It had to be a business in order to keep in existence.
Last edited by puzzlebox on 02 Dec 2011, 05:58, edited 2 times in total.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Dec 2011, 05:53

ThirdView wrote:
Karl is protected by his superior!

They won't hesitate to throw Karl to the approaching wolves. If the school's reputation becomes bad enough, he won't be able to fill the positions, or won't be able to fill them with good teachers. They will get rid of him to protect themselves just as he got rid of Max in an effort to take the heat off himself.

True. But they are all protecting each other for the time being! And, don't be so sure that Karl got rid of Max. And, do you really think they care about getting good teachers? As long as they get enough foreign bodies to fit the bill, they are content. If they come up short, they quickly rearrange things to get by. This is what they have done for years and will continue to do.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 02 Dec 2011, 07:50

Does it matter what the exact requirements are now?

Of course specifics matter. Every FT wants to know details before accepting a job offer for the same reason they read the contract before signing. If the salary is too low, if the lesson load is too high, if the class size is too big, if the administration micromanages, if the location is too far from downtown, if the weather/pollution index is awful, etc, the FT will pass. That’s why FTs have forums, so we can give each other the inside story. To not share specifics is to defeat the whole purpose of having and using a forum.
ThirdView
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia