Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 15 Nov 2011, 06:24

Iconkiller wrote:Truthiness Email me. You have it. Don't mention who I am.

How can I mention who you are? I don't know you. I think you are a Peizheng teacher. You aren't the best speller but you know the score in China and Peizheng. That's all I know. Are you still in Peizheng? If so, let's meet at Magick. The secret sign will be:

- I will wave at anyone I think might be you in the following manner:

with my fingers spread out as if to say "stop", but more or less like a wave

- I will shake your hand, pulling your middle finger

Then you will know who I am.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby RobertD » 15 Nov 2011, 08:48

By making life unbearable for the "Veteran FT's" Karl is saving a lot of money as they are probably all on maximum salary after their successive 10% increases over the years.

Sunds like the place has really gone down the toilet. A real pity as my recollections are mostly great.
RobertD
Silver Member

Unread postby truthiness » 15 Nov 2011, 10:07

Yes, it's about the money. If they can't skim some of your salary, they will try to lower costs by firing you. And the comment about getting newer, cheaper, more gullible teachers to replace them is totally valid.

Peizheng has been stolen from the founders in order to milk its good name dry and use it to steal from students and teachers.

It says a lot about how China operates. There is something profoundly sick about Peizheng. When will they be forced to relinquish the name Peizheng / Puiching?
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 15 Nov 2011, 16:00

A bit of life in the thread!

Judging from what I've seen and heard here, the new semester seems terrible.

What I've gathered when talking to some of the new FTs and veteran FTs, everything is true.

There are some crazy things going on at PZ....none of it good. Deciding to cancel my contract renewal for this year is up there on my list of life improvements. I'd probably leave PZ if I was teaching there this year.
johnpz
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 15 Nov 2011, 16:01

PS:
I think the increase of new posters and posts from veteran FTs shows how bad PZ has gotten.
johnpz
Gold Member

Unread postby Arabrab » 17 Nov 2011, 14:37

Great ! Action to publicise Guangdong Pei Zheng College as A BIG NO-NO for unsuspecting potential teachers out there - and saying WHY they should give the school a miss.
I spent 6 years there and can list endless reasons. Yes I liked many aspects IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS 2003 - 2006, but even then there were awful things about being there.

From 2007 on, the rot set in more and more and more and more and more and more.....
So, EXACT TRUE DETAILS are needed about Peizheng:
How much the school rips people off?... well, e.g. in 6 years they over-charged my husband and I by 28,000 yuan (by secret theft-surcharge) on all our electricity bills, compared to what the regular local electricity company charged per elec. unit to households. When we privately rented a city apartment later, we found out this iniquity of PZ.
Foreign Affairs Office staff pretend to be helpful to some new Ts but secretly surcharge the T if they arrange a gas bottle.
Maxipad has a child-molestation police record in The States, he came to PZ 'cos 2 family friends were already at PZ; he has reason for hiding in China.
FAO in fact never gave a damn about ANY similar issues attaching to VARIOUS PZ FTs - a string of felons have sojourned there down the years, and carried on things with students that are supposed to be illegal in China, i.e. supplying Students with drugs, using drugs in their teacher apartments with students; sex with students, enabling student prostitution, and performing it with them. Oh, the list could go on.

Btw. I am certain 100% that 'The Truth' who used to post a lot on here is Chinese Shemerry who used to work in FAO for many years. I could spot her a mile off!!!! She thought she was incognito, but I recognise all the little giveaway signs! Haha, she thought she was so clever, and really led some of you on, but you have to remember that for all the Chinese staff around you, its their JOB to snoop and report back.
Aahh, the facts I could list about THAT topic!

Well. Keep strong all you poor PZ present FTs and you'll soon be free one day.
Arabrab
Registered Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 19 Nov 2011, 05:41

To ArabArab above and the others,

1. I am absolutely not MIss Shemerry but I do know her, of course, and I am in contact with her now and then at her new job in Guangzhou.

2. I am not Paul A., from New Zealand, but I do know him of course, and I am in direct contact with him through mutual friends.

3. It is interesting reading who I am and who I am not but I am still right there, in front of you, witnessing the new goings on everyday at the College.

4. As for what ArabArab writes about Max, some of the allegations are really, really, really farfetched...drugs to students? sex with students? criminal record? These are really serious allegations.

5. Additionally, why is everyone passing over in silence what the Great Enforcer, John K., has been up to, since September? Have a look there, guys, and then you will have a real pulse of things.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 20 Nov 2011, 09:22

Maxipad has a child-molestation police record in The States

Is this hearsay or do you have evidence? There are organizations that track peds, so you shouldn't have much trouble producing documentation.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby RobertD » 20 Nov 2011, 11:56

Unfortunately some of us left PZ a while ago, but talk of John, the enforcer is of interest. So, please tell more of the goings on since September!
RobertD
Silver Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 20 Nov 2011, 18:30

TheTruth wrote:To ArabArab above and the others,

1. I am absolutely not MIss Shemerry but I do know her, of course, and I am in contact with her now and then at her new job in Guangzhou.

2. I am not Paul A., from New Zealand, but I do know him of course, and I am in direct contact with him through mutual friends.

3. It is interesting reading who I am and who I am not but I am still right there, in front of you, witnessing the new goings on everyday at the College.

4. As for what ArabArab writes about Max, some of the allegations are really, really, really farfetched...drugs to students? sex with students? criminal record? These are really serious allegations.

5. Additionally, why is everyone passing over in silence what the Great Enforcer, John K., has been up to, since September? Have a look there, guys, and then you will have a real pulse of things.

Just when we all thought it was safe to go out and stop by here; still lurking in the shadows is "TheTruth": Being a complete antithesis of the name.

1. Shemerry? Probably not.

2. Paul A? Nah. Maybe Paul T but not A.

3. "Right there in front of us"? But a while ago you said you were in Beijing and not there at PZ and you were posting for a FT who is there! Ahhh. but then, I guess it's OK to lie when you use an online alias to fabricate false information. Well, if you are still there; why?

4. But of course, at times, you have stated some pretty farfetched allegations in many of your previous posts; haven't you? If you read Arabrab's post carefully, you would see they did not accuse Maxi of "all those things".

5. Oh, please feel free to inform us; as to what the Great Enforcer has been up to since Sept? It is obvious you have a great dislike for him. Do you follow him around?
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 20 Nov 2011, 18:32

Arabrab wrote:Btw. I am certain 100% that 'The Truth' who used to post a lot on here is Chinese Shemerry who used to work in FAO for many years. I could spot her a mile off!!!! She thought she was incognito, but I recognise all the little giveaway signs! Haha, she thought she was so clever, and really led some of you on, but you have to remember that for all the Chinese staff around you, its their JOB to snoop and report back.
Aahh, the facts I could list about THAT topic!

Please! Expound. Don't leave us here in the dark.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby Arabrab » 20 Nov 2011, 23:57

OK P/BOX... just one example ('cos its late and I have to hit the hay)
One unnerving scary day in 2007, (there were many of those from 2007 onward since the Patriotic (re)Education Program began), well, all PZ's Chinese Ts were ordered into a mass private meeting and reminded/ordered not to have - under any circumstances - any friendships with [quote]: "...the foreign Ts. Remember: They are on the Outside and must be kept there; we are The Inside; do not get friendly because in a forgetful moment you may let slip one of Our Secrets, and they (the FTs) can sell our secrets to their governments. So Beware. We are The Inside. The foreigners must not learn our secrets.

However, mind you, you can pretend to be friendly with them, and wheedle knowledge from them. Anything you learn, no matter how unimportant it may seem, you must report back to the school authorities. "

There began so much scary new DARK stuff from those days, which has only grown in breadth and intensity and effect. You'd have to be outside CN to be able to read; it'd get deleted if I wrote any more on here.

Btw I now agree, youre right, not Shemerry. But a female. And Chinese. The turns of phrase are simply not a native-sp. I thought perhaps dear ol' Karl hisself?? Whaddya reckon.
Or Pa------ck (Irish Canadian, i forget his surname)? Or Merlin??? Anyone here remember Merlin ? *@##!??!*!!!

Well night night!
Keep strong. My Love to the Kids! - The only joy in the whole place (I mean the country) but even then, you know theyve been head-banged since age 2, so be very Careful you new FTs....
Arabrab
Registered Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 21 Nov 2011, 01:32

Arabrab wrote:...One unnerving scary day in 2007, (there were many of those from 2007 onward since the Patriotic (re)Education Program began), well, all PZ's Chinese Ts were ordered into a mass private meeting and reminded/ordered not to have - under any circumstances - any friendships with: "...the foreign Ts..."

Yeah. I have heard about those meetings (from a CT). The CTs were "encouraged" to NOT get too friendly with any FTs and also, not to adopt any western teaching methods as well. The PZ admin has always done its best to keep separation between the CTs and FTs, as well as trying to incur separation between the FTs themselves.

Btw, most followers of this thread know 'TheTruth' is not Karl (but it sure would be funny if it was). However, most know that Karl has been (directly or indirectly) monitoring this thread; as he has asked several FTs to defend the school and to help him kill any threads that would pose a threat to PZ hiring new (and unsuspecting) FTs.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 21 Nov 2011, 06:19

One unnerving scary day in 2007, (there were many of those from 2007 onward since the Patriotic (re)Education Program began), well, all PZ's Chinese Ts were ordered into a mass private meeting and reminded/ordered not to have - under any circumstances - any friendships with the foreign Ts. Remember: They are on the Outside and must be kept there; we are The Inside; do not get friendly because in a forgetful moment you may let slip one of Our Secrets, and they (the FTs) can sell our secrets to their governments. So Beware. We are The Inside. The foreigners must not learn our secrets.

Was this a national program or a Pei Zheng program? If it was a PZ program, who started it? Karl? Arthur? The university president? A party official?
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby sarcasm » 21 Nov 2011, 06:22

I have just joined this forum. I worked at PZ for a period of time and was thinking of going back there for another stint. Seems like the place has gone downhill somewhat since i was last there. I am surprised some of the contibutors to this site are still there if it's really that bad now. Why don't you move along and leave all the s**t behind you, or is it you know you won't get a job anywhere else, if thats the situation you find yourself in why not leave China and go home... oh you won't get a job there either what a pity....
Life is easy in China and thats why we are here, if you don't like your position move on.

I am interetsed to now more about this enforcer, not sure he was there when i did my time at PZ
sarcasm
Registered Member

Unread postby sarcasm » 21 Nov 2011, 06:27

[quote="Arabrab"]OK P/BOX... just one example ('cos its late and I have to hit the hay[quote]

So Arabrab what about some more examples to support some of those ridiculous claims you made in the prior posting
sarcasm
Registered Member

Unread postby RobertD » 21 Nov 2011, 12:09

sarcasm wrote: So Arabrab what about some more examples to support some of those ridiculous claims you made in the prior posting

You must have been at PZ a long time ago if you haven't heard of John Oxley (? spelling ).
What Arabrab says is all very accurate.
RobertD
Silver Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 22 Nov 2011, 09:52

sarcasm wrote:I have just joined this forum. I worked at PZ for a period of time and was thinking of going back there for another stint. Seems like the place has gone downhill somewhat since i was last there. I am surprised some of the contibutors to this site are still there if it's really that bad now. Why don't you move along and leave all the s**t behind you, or is it you know you won't get a job anywhere else, if thats the situation you find yourself in why not leave China and go home... oh you won't get a job there either what a pity....
Life is easy in China and thats why we are here, if you don't like your position move on...

Maybe if you spent less time trying to live up to your "sarcasm" ID here, and actually read some of the previous posts on this thread, you would realize not so many posters here are still teaching at PZ; several are X-PZFTs and some are new teachers just finding out how bad is it there. Some have been there a while and now making plans to move on since it has become more unbearable than in past years. Some posters who are no longer teaching at PZ, are still in the loop and contribute to this thread in order to warn others of just how bad it is there now, and to help collaborate fact from fiction.

And, after reading any of this thread, why in the world would you even consider going back for another stint? That seems to go against the grain of your entire first post here. That's ironic! but not sarcastic.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 22 Nov 2011, 09:58

sarcasm wrote:
Arabrab wrote:OK P/BOX... just one example ('cos its late and I have to hit the hay

So Arabrab what about some more examples to support some of those ridiculous claims you made in the prior posting

To quote myself:

"Yeah. I have heard about those meetings (from a CT). The CTs were "encouraged" to NOT get too friendly with any FTs and also, not to adopt any western teaching methods as well. The PZ admin has always done its best to keep separation between the CTs and FTs, as well as trying to incur separation between the FTs themselves..."
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby Arabrab » 22 Nov 2011, 14:43

To Thirdview - Sorry for late response, am in middle of arranging a house & country move.

The Patriotic Eduction Program is a national program, issued in 2006 but only really began manifesting in 2007. The purpose was to crush increasing loose cannon "individuality" expressed by china-wide students from 2002 on, more and more exuberantly each year.
e.g. at PZ every May at night the entire student body practised their famous "Revolution!" - the whole campus going wild yelling - thousands yelling as one voice - Amazing to hear for hours and hours!
It was cheering support for fellow students - brave anarchists - at the top floor of all the dorms chucking all the furniture and washing machines out down to the ground - in RIGHTFUL complaint about the stifling heat in their dorms with no windows and no a/c, & the disgusting brown water we used to have, the power cuts, the water cuts, they rejoiced in their "Revolution!!" action. The Program's remit covered/covers a wide range of controls.
One Example was "The Winter Keeping-Warm Students' Run Campaign". Every single student and chinese teacher in China was ordered to run daily for 1 hour around college campus routes, along which routes were set up tables with monitors, at stages, and every S had to present their special card to be signed by each stage monitor, this was to prove they were ALL doing it, for the the ENTIRE ROUTE, for a WHOLE hour, EVERY day, the WHOLE winter. CTs too!
Of course - as usual - it was all carried out in a Jolly fun spirit, IT IS GOOD FOR OUT HEALTHY!! etc etc.
The Program also forced on Ss an earlier start-time for the Compulsory Reading morning session - at 07.20 ! and a later compulsory "Meeting" every evening finishing at 10.30pm.

Arabrab
Arabrab
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia