Peer observers not playing ball - any advice plse?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

pleahy

Peer observers not playing ball - any advice plse?

Unread post by pleahy »

Hi,

I am currently doing a part-time CELTA and I am really enjoying the course and I love 'the high' I get off teaching!

I have a bit of a concern and it is to do with my teaching practice group. There are 4 of us in the group yet only one person has bothered to produce 'peer observation' feedback for me. The other 2 people have not bothered to fill them in, even though the other person and I have filled them out and handed them to these two. I am team leader so the situation is starting to make me very angry as I working full-time and having to chase this up but it is getting me nowhere.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I am aware that we need the Peer Observation forms for our final assignment- 'Lesson from The Classroom', therefore it really is starting to make me very anxious.

Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks.
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Peer observers not playing ball - any advice plse?

Unread post by Alex Case »

Talk to your tutors?
Caspiana

Re: Peer observers not playing ball - any advice plse?

Unread post by Caspiana »

Maybe you could explain this is part and parcel of the course and to get the best out of the course it would be beneficial to participate to the fullest. Perhaps talk to them directly before going to the tutors. Try and avoid getting worked up in front of them although I can see where you are coming from. Good luck.