TEFL School

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

ernita

TEFL School

Unread post by ernita »

Hi...I'm planning to get a cerificate in TEFL. I'm currently working as an HR practitioner but I am planning to shift my career into teaching english. Can anybody advised me which school I can enroll?

So far I have only inquired from TEFL International. Is this school okay?
Any advice I could get would be of great help.

Thank you. :)
HenryTeach

Unread post by HenryTeach »

Do you want online or traditional?

If it's traditional then look at your local schools and see what they offer; check out their teachers and make sure they're fully qualified. What's the final certificate they offer? Is it their own or are they a franchise of CELTA or Trinity?

If it's online then look at ICAL (http://www.teacher-training.net) or i-to-i (onlinetefl.com) and do the same - teachers, other students, etc, etc.
dillmel

Unread post by dillmel »

TEFL school. Can anyone tell me specific school experioences. IE where you went, how it was, was the instruction good etc etc. Any schools that are recognixed as industry leaders?

THere are so many on the web it's a very daunting task to pick one.
laurel

Great TEFL School

Unread post by laurel »

hello! I rememeber also doing the TEFL school search and feeling overwhelmed by the number of schools and not knowing which ones were legitimate. I chose to go with TEFL Worldwide Prague because I was impressed by their web site and their immediate ( and frequent) correspondence with me. I thought the course was very informative and fun. ( it is a classroom course in Prague, Czech Republic). The course is well recognized and we taught Czech students of all different levels during the four weeks. My friends and I have been teaching in Prague for the past 6 months now...and most schools we interviewed with were familiar with TEFL Worldwide and happy to take on its graduates. Prague is a beautiful place to live for 4 weeks, or longer....so consider it. ;)