Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby ThirdView » 06 Aug 2011, 10:52

“Arthur is Karl's boss and Karl is in dreadful fear of him, not the other way around.”

Arthur is in charge of the English Education Center, Karl is in charge of the Foreign Affairs Office. Academics is Arthur’s jurisdiction, employment is Karl’s jurisdiction. Karl decides whether you can teach there, Arthur decides what curriculum you teach. Neither of them answers to each other, both answer to the same vice president. Karl hires and fires, period.

Anyone who has been at the school as long as you have should be familiar with the distinction between these 2 offices.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 06 Aug 2011, 16:51

ThirdView wrote:Said ThirdView:...If your strategy results in Max, Karl, or Arthur being fired or changing their behavior, without you losing your job, I will gladly accept your criticism.

I don't have a strategy for removing them because it isn't urgent or necessary for me, but a price should be paid and/or lessons learned. They can't run roughshod over others while abusing their positions of authority and get away with it. I am grossed out by how teachers are treated at PZ, and my reaction is to document and distribute the information. If that rude Karl Wang and Max get in trouble, great. If the scandal affects recruitment this hiring cycle and the next few, great. I was planning on being in another location by now, but a shortage of funds is delaying my departure. My strategy is to avoid admin like the plague. I want to be invisible. I am not comfortable talking about these issues with anyone in person because it's too risky and sort of pointless. On the internet I can leave my comments for others to contemplate and then accept or reject. I don't want to argue about it. I only want my salary and before I leave - my airfare. I will not even ask for a reference because I don't need it. I don't care about being blacklisted.

In short:

- I don't expect to change their behavio(u)r.
- I don't want to get fired because I can't afford it.
- I think that by exposing Karl and Max they might get fired eventually.
- I think they might not want to fire Max but will not renew his contract. I think he signed a two-year contract.

I opine:

- Every poster on this board is at least partly right and partly wrong, and I suppose at some level that includes me too. Nobody has a monopoly on the truth (wordly truths), especially Truth.
- PZ has far too many foreigners.
- The video, while not perfect and while not directly addressing Karl Wang, reveals something about PZ and in a direct and spin-free manner.
- All who are interested in coming to PZ should see that video first. If Truth (Teacher P?) succeeds in removing it from Youtube, I will reload it there and onto more and more websites to keep it safe.
- The only solution to the PZ problem is to leave.

All posters here seem to agree:

- That is that there is something wrong with the management here and that Peizheng College is to be avoided.

What I didn't use while writing this:

Truthiness's Bartlett's Roget's Thesaurus

To Teacher P:

I respect you, but if you are behind the postings of the Truth, I think your online views are too extreme. And I don't agree with Teacher C that Truth is definitely not you.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 06:56

Teacher P does not speak French or Latin or whatever language Truth has been using to show off. Nor is he familiar with philosopher's and author's, whose names Truth has a habit of dropping. Nor does he have even close to Truth's level of exotic vocabulary. Nor Truth's admittedly impressive flare for writing.

Many people know the person you are referring to and you have cast seeds of doubt about him in their mind. This kind of public speculation involving an person's reputation is reckless and irresponsible. If you are going to take Max, Karl, and Arthur to task for their behavior, do not imitate their behavior.

You admonished Truth to get back on track. Heed your own admonition. Stop guessing about the identity of a foreign teacher who's playing hide and seek and get back to exposing a foreign supervisor who is flagrantly unrepentant about behavior.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 07:14

"May I suggest the following? Everyone erase all postings about PZ. Make everyone watch the video and then decide if PZ is a good place to come and work. The video is factual in that the video itself isn't an opinion and much of the talk comes from the mouth of the Program B Director himself."

The foreign teacher who secretly recorded Max’s meltdown was convinced the video was a silver bullet. “Max is toast! Max is gone!,” he kept saying. I told him Karl and Arthur would lose face if they fired Max. Best case scenario, they would ease him out quietly during the summer break. Well, in a few weeks, that foreign teacher was toast and Max still isn’t gone. So don’t get the idea that a video is the only arrow you will need in your quiver.

The most effective method is for foreign teachers to share their experiences. I’ve seen this work. The first time I used the power of the Internet to expose someone’s behavior was in Korea years ago.

A hagwon owner and recruiter named Bryan Kang. When I posted a message about him, his former employees and recruits started coming out of the woodwork. So many people posted so many messages about him on so many websites, I got a mild case of corple tunnel copying and pasting all the material and compiling it into one online document. In no time, his recruiting website disappeared. Then he disappeared, never to be see or heard from in the Korean ESL community again.

That was a classic scenario. You might not be able to repeat that level of success in this situation. For whatever reasons, Pei Zheng teachers might not post reams of horror stories. But this classic case proves the power of testimony.

The point is, you need a quiver full of arrows. You need the video, you need testimonies, you need forums, you need email, you need inside sources, you need government officials (the second most effective). And you need to prioritize your resources according to the most effective methods.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 07:33

"So many people posted so many messages about him on so many websites, I got a mild case of carpal tunnel copying and pasting all the material and compiling it into one online document."

A few weeks ago, I got another mild case of carpal tunnel typing 8000 words exposing Max's behavior. 2 cases 10 years apart. Small price to pay, I suppose.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 07:36

You can access my website with this domain name:

www. Pei Zheng Scandal .com

I asked a friend in America to check the domain name, so I know it routes to my website. But for some reason, the domain name doesn't work in China. So in China, you still have to use the host address:

http://www.webspawner.com/users/peizhengscandal/
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 07:43

Last semester, the Program A supervisor buddied around with Max and dated Arthur's secretary. Draw your own conclusions.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 08:43

ThirdView

Thank you so much for getting that domain. I am grateful that you are doing this. It's for our own protection. Teachers would be treated much worse if it weren't for people like you.

When I get some free time I will be glad to help you proofread it. As English teachers, let's try to keep our postings as correct as possible. We should appear as professional as possible.

You are a hero in my books for doing what you are doing. Virtually everyone who searches for Peizheng College on the internet will know about this scandal now.

Max Long still working for PZ:

In a nutshell, the video is not just about Max. Because Max is still at Peizheng College, the video is now about Karl Wang. Karl Wang has now been exposed.

But I venture to say that your domain is even more important than the video, so today is a happy day for me, as someone who has been a victim of Karl and Max's rudeness at least, even if I haven't been ripped off by them yet personally. To me, this is all about justice and these scandals, if exposed, will help all of us in this industry be treated better, and not just in China.

Why do I post here? Why did I load the video? Because this scandal makes Peizheng a lightning rod for me. I can express my disgust at treatment in general by schools in China. I can focus my disgust and use this place as an example. This scandal is bigger than just Peizheng.

ThirdView, please consider adding some keywords to your webpage:

Peizheng, Pei, Zheng, scandal, Karl, Wang, Wenzhong, Max, Long, Kim, Ray (and more keywords in Chinese)

If you want more specific help with this, please let me know. Perhaps this scandal could get wider public attention in this industry. Thgis will embarrass the Chinese government enough to get Karl Wang removed and make others think twice before doing things his way.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 08:55

Peizheng Scandal - 培正丑闻

培正丑闻, 丑闻, 丑事, 培正, puiching, 广东培正学院英语教育中心, pei, zheng, karl wang, wenzhong wang, max long, kim ray long, pui, ching

http://www.peizhengscandal.com

BTW, let's ask Chinese people if this ius the correct translation of "Peizheng Scandal" in Chinese. This is a key point because the government people will know that "there is a scandal" at Peizheng.

We need Karl's Chinese name. Please send it to me:

teflchina@yahoo.com
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 07 Aug 2011, 12:59

truthiness: I sent you a pm with some pertinent information that you requested.

I've been reading this forum for a while now. I'd like to know:

1. What kind of evidence leads to the belief that Magick is involved with drugs? I have been there a few times a never seen,smelled, heard about it.

2. Where is the proof that Karl is embezzling money? He has apts in Huadu? The truth or rumours?

3. The Truth is "in the loop" with FEB and PSB officials? I'm baffled how a foreigner can be "in the loop" especially when he/she doesn't speak Chinese. Elaborate please.

With all due respect, please back up accusations with some kind of proof. I'm reading this forum for information and I'm sure other people are too. Accusations without proof and personal conversations shouldn't really be posted on the public forum, in my opinion.
johnpz
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 07 Aug 2011, 13:35

"Last semester, the Program A supervisor buddied around with Max and dated Arthur's secretary. Draw your own conclusions."

He’s squeaky clean, but he’s not incorruptible. He drank an awful lot of koolaid last semester. And he’s in the wrong social circles.

Some foreign supervisors become convinced that doing dirty for Karl and Arthur is job security. After seeing what Karl and Arthur did to so many other foreigners, they think they are the exception.

These 2 guys will throw away a foreign supervisor’s job just as quickly and just as callously as they will throw away a foreign teacher’s job.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 18:44

johnpz wrote:truthiness: I sent you a pm with some pertinent information that you requested.

I've been reading this forum for a while now. I'd like to know:

1. What kind of evidence leads to the belief that Magick is involved with drugs? I have been there a few times a never seen,smelled, heard about it.

AS FAR AS I KNOW, MAGICK CAFE ISN'T, AND HAS NEVER BEEN, A PLACE TO GET DRUGS. THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE OF THIS I'M SURE. I HAVE SAID ZERO AGAINST THE MAGICK CAFE. I HOPE IT THRIVES DESPITE KARL WANG.

2. Where is the proof that Karl is embezzling money? He has apts in Huadu? The truth or rumours?

I KNOW NOTHING OF HIS APARTMENTS. THEY ARE NOT MY BUSINESS. ACTUALLY, I DO HAVE PROOF HE WAS EMBEZZLING MONEY, OR AT LEAST PARTIAL PROOF. I HAVE PROOF MONEY WAS BEING STOLEN FROM A TEACHER. I WILL NOT SHARE THE DETAILS HERE. SORRY. I WISH I COULD. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF A VICTIM. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT SHARING THE EVIDENCE, AND I KNOW I WILL GET FLAK FOR NOT COUGHING IT UP. I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP. THE EVIDENCE ISN'T ALL OVER THE INTERNET BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IN CHINA ISN'T GOING TO PURSUE IT. PARTIALLY POSITIVE RESULTS WERE ACHIEVED. I APOLOGIZE, BUT THAT'S AS OPAQUE AS I CAN GET.

3. The Truth is "in the loop" with FEB and PSB officials? I'm baffled how a foreigner can be "in the loop" especially when he/she doesn't speak Chinese. Elaborate please.

WHY SHOULD I ELABORATE? WHAT WOULD I KNOW ABOUT THAT? I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. I DON'T THINK THE TRUTH IS IN THE LOOP AND I DON'T CARE. THE TRUTH IS OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOME THINGS ABOUT CHINA. SO WHAT? I PARTIALLY AGREE WITH HIS VIEWS. I JUST THINK HE IS A BIT TOO HARSH OR EXTREME AGAINST THE FOREIGN TEACHERS. HE MUST HAVE SEEN LOTS OF DRUGGED-OUT FOREIGNERS. ALCOHOLICS ARE ANOTHER REASON NOT TO COME TO PZ.

With all due respect, please back up accusations with some kind of proof. I'm reading this forum for information and I'm sure other people are too. Accusations without proof and personal conversations shouldn't really be posted on the public forum, in my opinion.

A LOT OF WHAT YOU ARE MENTIONING HERE DOESN'T COME FROM MY POSTINGS. PLEASE ASK THE OTHER POSTERS. I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND AGREE WITH YOU. BUT POSTINGS WITHOUT PROOF SUPPLIED WOULD LEAVE US WITH ONLY THE VIDEO AS INDICATION THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG IN PEIZHENG, WHICH IS WHY I SUGGESTED THAT EVERYONE SEE THE VIDEO AND THAT EVERYONE ERASE WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN HERE IN THIS THREAD. YOU MAKE A VALID POINT.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 19:30

To all readers, but with special reference to Truth, JohnPZ and ThirdView:

The three above-mentioned posters make valid points about hearsay, slander, and making statements without proof. I think ThirdView makes good statements, but he himself has made some statements without backing them up with proof. I don't blame him. People are expressing their views here. They are saying what they believe is the truth. They are recounting their own experiences.

I respect ALL POSTERS here, including ALL THREE above posters. There are no idiots here. I get the strong impression that all posters here are being honest and forthright and that they are good people.

I will try to be more careful with my wording. All of you have made some really good points. I am in fact in possession of proof that theft happened in Peizheng by Karl Wang. I will not share that proof with you, because I promised the victim that their name wouldn't be leaked. I have not nor will I, go to the government about this person's case, as it has been partly solved to someone's "relative satisfaction" (= Ahem, it's the best they will get in China). This victim is a friend of mine and is also leaving PZ soon. I know I sound like Obama when claiming they got Bin Laden - sorry, no pics and no body. Hmm. Fishy, indeed, I know. Sorry guys.

The system in China doesn't lend itself to presenting evidence and then winning in court. China doesn't run on the rule of law. I'm not insulting it. It functions, but not the way western countries function. My friend and I have zero to gain from presenting this evidence outside court, and a court case won't happen. It's why the video those guys made is the only strong indication of malfeasance in PZ.

In short:

- I have proof (evidence) of Wenzhong Wang's (王文仲) criminal activity.
- We all have proof of what kind of person Max Long is from the video.
- The video says something about Wenzhong Wang
- I am leaving PZ, my friend is leaving PZ, and we implore everyone else to do that too, and beg others not to come here.

Karl Wang's real name (?) below:

王文仲
Wáng Wén Zhòng
Wang2 Wen2 Zhong4
Wang (rising inflection) Wen (rising inflection) Zhong (falling inflection)
Wenzhong Wang (simplified pinyin for passport)

China isn't America. As "Max" (Kim Ray Long) might say, "The Chinese aren't sue-crazy Americans."

I only want the authorities to audit Peizheng's books and remove Wenzhong Wang and whoever else guilty of anything "grossly" illegal.

Why did I ask for Karl's real name? Uh, so at least we can try to at least identify who we are talking about, so we aren't running around in circles.

To those who don't like what I'm doing: Take a hike. We are being screwed in Peizheng, and screw everyone who is ok with that.

P.S. 'grazie mille' (I think you speak some Italian) for the photo with Karl's name! Where did you get it? He looks young in the photo!

P.P.S. I'm not interested in arguing about what constitutes real proof. What I have would make me win in a foreign court (in my opinion), let's put it that way. People can say anything with or without a straight face that something isn't what it is.

P.P.P.S. I'm not furnishing any of you with the evidence for the same reason we are all using fake names here.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 20:11

I have taken some advice from posters Truth and ThirdView. The following website was updated today and worded more carefully:

http://peizheng.webs.com/

Let this be a warning to EFL schools in China (or anywhere else) that they can't do whatever they feel like to people and always get away with it, especially in the era of the internet.

Thank you to everyone in this forum for your valuable input, honest arguments, and constructive criticism.

I am open to further criticism and will adjust my postings accordingly.

Even J. Ox. is capable of change. He should accept that bad things are happening in PZ and that he shouldn't support that in any way, directly or indirectly.

We are all human and are doing what we think is right, although sometimes we are too selfish and end up stepping on the rights of others.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 07 Aug 2011, 21:21

Peizheng Scandal - 培正丑闻

I used Baidu to search this term in Chinese and found documents referring to another Peizheng Scandal at the same college, as there have been several scandals I believe, like the court case in the past over the use of the name Peizheng.

So maybe we should use another Chinese name for this scandal.

Maybe the:

Peizheng Wenzhong Wang Scandal

培正王文仲丑闻

Does this term sound ok? I'm open to suggestions. Or does this violate the "names withheld to protect the guilty" rule?
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 08 Aug 2011, 05:03

ThirdView wrote:The Truth, Truthiness, and Puzzle Box. All 3 of you need to hit the edit button and delete most of your recent material. No one trying to make a decision about whether to work at Pei Zheng College is going to wade through all that stuff. They’re not interested in all this feuding. They just want to know the same thing you want to know when you consider a new school. They simply want to know about the experience of other teachers at the school.

Delete nothing and who are you to give orders?
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 08 Aug 2011, 05:08

ThirdView wrote:"What if we all said YOU, Teacher C, were unreasonable in your approach to admin?"

For anyone who considers my actions unreasonable, I refer to the previous semester, when Max was not a supervisor, and contrast it with the next semester, when Max was a supervisor. I have said it before and will say it again: no Max, no situation.

You are so wrong, so, so wrong. Max is dreadful for a fact; and Bob E. was dreadful in a saccharine newbie type I'll fire everbody type way; M. was just out of his league, whatever that is; D. was great but bipolar and overly interested in gender issues; D. was so drunk as to be non ambulatory so there is a history here, a long, long, long history of miscreants, etc., etc. It is nothing new. It is the College and how they do things and it is the class or level or lack of both of foreign teachers that they hire as supervisors and as teachers.

Please.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 08 Aug 2011, 05:13

ThirdView wrote:“Arthur is Karl's boss and Karl is in dreadful fear of him, not the other way around.”

Arthur is in charge of the English Education Center, Karl is in charge of the Foreign Affairs Office. Academics is Arthur’s jurisdiction, employment is Karl’s jurisdiction. Karl decides whether you can teach there, Arthur decides what curriculum you teach. Neither of them answers to each other, both answer to the same vice president. Karl hires and fires, period.

Anyone who has been at the school as long as you have should be familiar with the distinction between these 2 offices.

Sorry but you know nothing of Chinese management style. How long have you been in China? Can you speak "A" "putong-hua" to a Beijing standard?

In any case, Arthur lords it over Karl for a fact. If Arthur says dance, Karl dances. You should know that by now. When Arthur summons Karl, and it does happen, Karl goes running. How can you now have seen that? It's Chinese-style management, that's all.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 08 Aug 2011, 05:20

truthiness wrote:
ThirdView wrote:In short:

- I don't expect to change their behavio(u)r.
- I don't want to get fired because I can't afford it.
- I think that by exposing Karl and Max they might get fired eventually.
- I think they might not want to fire Max but will not renew his contract. I think he signed a two-year contract.

If you don't want to be fired for your posts, then I would suggest that you don't post here. You obviously don't know enough about computers to know that your IP address, even when you post on this Board, can be spoofed by anyone with a Grade 3 education in computer system, and from your IP address, to you, to your real identity, it's probably a matter of about 2 - 3 minutes.

Anyway, I know who you are. 100% for a fact. I am thinking about doing a little running commentary on youtube about the gang of three and then calling Karl and Arthur, I said calling them on their mobiles so that they can watch and know what mischief, particularly what libellous mischief, you have been up to. Expensive cars, houses, corruption, graft, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes saying these things.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 08 Aug 2011, 06:08

truthiness misunderstood my questions. he probably thought i directed those questions at him, when i actually was directing them at the posters who gave the information.

haven't seen you post here in a while, "TheTruth". Would you mind giving us a background of how you are "in the loop" in reference to your comments about the national blacklist?
johnpz
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia