Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby TheTruth » 19 Jul 2011, 12:56

Institutionalized psychosis -- that is the only way to describe it.

Let's look at some facts here.

The current Program B director is a universally-loathed 65-year old hippie, replete with long hair, pony tail, ghetto-type pants, etc., etc., bereft of any amount of tact, compunction and basic human decency. In terms of what follows, it must be said that he is the most universally detested Program B director that ever existed at the college.

He replaced ...

a 70-year old power hungry out-of-work IT manager from Washington State, with no teaching experience, with no experience in curriculum development, etc., etc. He went hell crazy on "cleaning up the place" and "removing the scum". Right-off-the-boat and somehow made himself general manager. He lasted maybe less than two years and was canned when Karl Wang suddenly "discovered" that he was 70 years old. Peizheng psycho-style, the truth was somewhere, somewhere way elsewhere ... like Karl "suddenly" discovering this man's not-so-secret lifestyle. Karl, being homophobic and himself a true closet case, removed the man instantly. In any case, this man was neither beloved nor hated by the administration nor the teachers, just looked at rather amorphously.

Anyway, this man replaced ...

the owner of the Magick Cafe, a New York-Californian with great ideas of himself, his own potential, his own great standing. He flopped after a twelve-month run and was "encouraged" to resign, translate that as removed. Nonetheless, he was quite popular with the teachers but not popular at all with the administration.

Anyway, this man replaced....

A Canadian lady, beloved of nearly all of the teachers in her program, fiercely loyal, independent, not a team player, scattered at times, the best friend and the worst enemy, but truly a good program leader. In the end, she fell in love with the wife of one of the other Australian teachers and the lady and her new wife ran away in the middle of the night to Canada, leaving the College in a lurch and setting the tone and stage for many, many, many more midnight runners that term, although mostly with guys running away with male students. All-in-all, that was a real lavender year for sure. In the end, probably the best of all the managers in Program B but still, still, scattered and ditzy on the occasion.

Anyway, this lady replaced...

The absolute worst Program B manager in all of history -- a Canadian lady who was permanently drunk, from the time she got up in the morning until she passed out at night (or in the afternoon, or in her class, or in her office). She had a serious, serious drinking problem. As someone in the administration said, she "drank industrial quantities of Johnny Walker Red Label". A disaster of a manager, a walking disaster of a person. Finally, after the 8th or 9th time they found her passed out in her Program B office, she was terminated and removed from the school within 2 days or even less. The Canadian Consulate had to assist with the repatriation as she was not even ambulatory by that point in time. The worst.

So if any prospective teacher thinks life at Peizheng is just psycho this term, you are wrong. Life at Peizheng has been ENDEMICALLY psycho and lay all the blame on Karl Wang who oversees the hiring.

As for THIRD WAVE/MESL whatever, a fellow teacher at the College has informed me that there is another side to his story too, one that he fails to mention.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 26 Jul 2011, 14:50

I worked under the previous Program B supervisor and did not find him power hungry. He was one of the coolest bosses I’ve ever had. We just gave the students a good English lesson, explored Chinese culture, hung out at the Magick Café, administered our final exams, and submitted our scores. No drama, no controversy. Every time I met with him, every time I called him, he was very courteous and very helpful. He simply explained what we needed to do and we did it. He organized feedback sessions and training sessions. He communicated with the staff. He was a model supervisor. And I never heard another foreign teacher breathe a word against him.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 26 Jul 2011, 15:12

Here’s the story as it was told to me:

It all started when they made teacher M, the Magick Café manager, the Program B supervisor. He didn’t want the job and didn’t apply. He told them no several times, but they badgered him into it. He described the position as, “The kiss of death.”

Well, during his tenure, he had a runin with Karl and a runin with Arthur. These 2 guys were enemies until then. They started cooperating when they opposed him.

Foreign supervisors aren’t contracted to work during the summer break, but Arthur wanted him to do paperwork in July. He agreed but wouldn’t work for free, as some foreign supervisors do. He estimated the paperwork would take about 10 days.

Karl tried to calculate his July pay according to 10 straight days, which would mean 1/3 of a month’s pay. But teacher M, now supervisor M, knew better. Managers and office workers don’t work weekends. Karl and Arthur work Monday through Friday, as do the FAO staff, the EEC supervisors, and the EEC secretary. Working 10 days meant supervisor M would remain on campus 2 weeks and that’s half a month’s pay.

Supervisor M threatened to appeal to the president, but Karl wouldn’t budge. Supervisor M said, “Why are you forcing me to do this?” But Karl still wouldn’t budge. The president sided with supervisor M and Karl held a grudge from then on.

This president also supported the Magick Café as a place for cultural exchange. But when a new president was in office a few years later, it was payback time and the Magick Café manager’s contract was not renewed. 5 years without missing or being late for a class meant nothing.

When he asked Karl why his contract wasn’t renewed, the reason Karl gave was teacher M’s association with the Magick Café. When he offered to walk away from the Magick Café, Karl told him, “The decision has already been made.”

(I won’t speculate what Karl planned to do with rest of the money. Suffice it to say, if it remained in the school budget, he would have no motive to fight so hard. Indeed, he would have no motive to recalculate the pay in the first place.)

The runin with Arthur involved a impending major scheduling disaster. Instead of counselors or the EEC moderating the process, students were allowed to schedule their own English lessons. Too many students signed up for English lessons during periods when every foreign teacher was already scheduled with other students. The solution was to get more foreign teachers or tell the students to reschedule.

Anyway, supervisor M warned Arthur and told him to deal with situation before it came to a head. Arthur ignored his warning, then tried to blame the fallout on supervisor M. At this point supervisor M got fed up and went back to teaching.

No sooner than Karl did his dirty work on the Magick Café manager, he approached the Magick Café’s cook in the teachers dining hall and said, “It wouldn’t be in your best interest to go to the Magick Café.” Talk about a classic veiled threat! This is beyond reactionary. This is beyond vindictive. This was outright thuggery. The cook chose his paying job over his volunteer job and informed the Magick Café manager that afternoon.

Well, a couple of weeks later, the former cook was in Karl’s office and Karl quoted something the former cook said in the Magick Café about his resignation. The quote was word for word. Of course, this means Karl has a spy reporting to him about activities in the Magick Cafe.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 26 Jul 2011, 15:26

"there is another side to his story too, one that he fails to mention."

You failed to mention it too. Maybe you’re referring to the fact that I’m one of the 3 teachers in the video. Maybe you were told I’m the one who prompted one of the teachers to record the meltdown for our own protection. Whatever it is, feel free to hit me with your best shot. Can’t be any worse than what Max, Karl, and Arthur threw at me.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 30 Jul 2011, 08:22

Dear MESL aka Third Wave,

First, I am not going to throw anything at you as you write. I very much sympathize with your side of the story and simply wish to encourage you to be more honest and forthright.

Second, sorry but the ex-Program B Director named "B" was not beloved my everyone. He grovelled and intrigued his way into that position. I saw it all happen before my eyes. And as unctuous as he may have been, his unctuousness did not pass unnoticed. How many teachers did he fire in a short period? How many more did he try to fire? He had never, ever, ever been to China before, he had no experience as a teacher, no teacher training at all, etc., etc. He had no China experience -- just the typical American attitude of I-know-everything. Please -- he was just one of your fellow travellers so you stand up for him. We all saw that and we all knew it. But the lavender scales fell off of Karl's eyes, one fine day, and with Karl using age as a pretext, and only a pretext, Karl style, this B. was exited manuu militarii on very, very short notice. And we all saw that, too, and many of us knew the real lavender-tinged reason.

Third, your version of M's. unwillingness to accept the Program B directorship is simply third-hand hogwash. I was an eyewitness to this series of events and can relate them with integrity. He orchestrated a very nice passive-aggressive campaign to get the job. You weren't around at that point in time -- you came later. I saw the campaign. And I saw your arrival, a la Carole Channing coming down the stairs in Hello Dolly. You surely made a splashy and grand entrance.

Anyway, the qualified person was a Ph.D. lady from California whose name began with "C" whom you may have known. Unfortunately, she and her husband had made many enemies so the M's candidacy was essentially a stop C. campaign. M. was really sure and really smug of himself, New York style. And his show opened and flopped in less then one term. And Dr. C. went on to much bigger and better things and you remained to stir the pot albeit later on. This is of course all of the usual Peizheng high and cheap melodrama that goes on and on, endlessly and without need.

Fourth, you and Karl clashed on an unspoken, personal level. Why can't you admit it? You simply dance around the lavender kettle here but there's no need. We all know the truth. Many have alluded to it in other postings. Your and Karl's issues were highly, highly, highly personal in nature and it does not behoove me to detail them here. So just be honest with yourself and honest with others about it. As I said, everyone knew the truth, even if few spoke it.

It is a hell-hole, for sure; it is not a place for reasonably-sane, educated, mildly competent Western ESL teachers. It is an avoid. It is clubby and closed-minded to an extreme. In my years there, which began before you and outlasted you, it was divided into four kinds of teachers: (a) the lavender crowd (very large); (b) the drunkie-and-druggie crowd (also very large); (c) the religious fanatics (small but vociferous); and (d) the rest of us unsuspecting victims (not large and long-suffering).

So for any teacher considering the place, it remains an avoid. It is toxic.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby ThirdView » 31 Jul 2011, 06:45

"Fourth, you and Karl clashed on an unspoken, personal level. Why can't you admit it? You simply dance around the lavender kettle here but there's no need. We all know the truth. Many have alluded to it in other postings. Your and Karl's issues were highly, highly, highly personal in nature and it does not behoove me to detail them here. So just be honest with yourself and honest with others about it. As I said, everyone knew the truth, even if few spoke it."

I met with Karl briefly along with a couple of other new arrivals my first day on campus. I didn’t set foot in his office again until several months later when Arthur tried to have me expelled. Nor did I have any further dealings with Karl for the rest of the semester. Furthermore, I had a witness with me during my meeting with Karl. So whatever you think you know about what transpired between me and Karl and whatever a third person told you, stick with my version.
ThirdView
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 31 Jul 2011, 10:23

Dear MESL / Third View,

Your previous post is more whitewash on your part which is something that simply impinges upon your overall credibility.

You failed to address the substantive issues that I mentioned, and that we were seen by all, concerning the issues affecting you and Karl. You do not touch upon them at all and you skirt around them (sorry for the use of that metaphor).

No third party needed to tell me anything concerning your dealings with Karl. They were a very, very "hot" item on the Peizheng gossip circuit. You simply fail to address that, too. He loathed you from the minute you sauntered into his office.

As for Arthur trying to get you "expelled", a teacher is never "expelled" from the college. A "teacher" is terminated for "malfeasance", "egregious conduct", "nefarious behaviour", "moral turpitude", etc., etc., one of these bring being a word that was attached to the reasons for your attempted "expulsion". Arthur, with whom I am not nor have never been close, and frankly hardly know, need not "attempt" anything. If he tells Karl that you go, you go. He is Karl's boss and Karl is in dreadful fear of him, not the other way around.

I mentioned four groups of teachers at the college and truthfully in which group did you find yourself? You need not answer -- we also know the answer to that. And your grand arrival as I mentioned was indeed the case. Let's not minimize that either.

That is not to defend those brigands. I will not defend them -- ever. They are as malicious as it comes but honesty is also important in delivering one's version of events. Many of the teachers at the college said that you "arrived with trouble written all over you". I never said that however as I believe to each his or her own.

And for once and for all, for the benefit of all non-initiated users into the psychodramas of Peizheng College, I will address the issue of the Magick Cafe. You feign not to understand why it was so poorly regarded by the administration but in all honesty you do know :

drugs

No other reason. The administration knew, as did many others, that drugs were being sold and used at the Kafe, not the innocent "safe haven" as you so Shirley-Temple like depicted it. The Administration was warned and warned by the Chinni (the next town over for folks who don't know) Police of what was going on, that the place was under surveillance, and that eventually, eventually it would be raided -- all of this being told to the Administration to give it an impetus to assist in getting rid of the problem before it was actually raided. If it had been raided, the College would have been witness to serious problems.

So please, guy -- you lack probity, if nothing else. You skirt around the lavender issue, you skirt around the real reasons for your ill-begotten relations with Karl, and then you skirt around the truth with the Magick Kafe. All-in-all, it does not give credibility.

In the end, however, the College is to be avoided, if anything else, for all of the reasons in all of these postings.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 01 Aug 2011, 17:50

Please, guys. There is no excuse for attacking each other or being the devil's advocate. The real enemies are Max Long, Karl Wang, and supposedly Arthur. The tall man with a heart condition and who was in the video is NOT a troublemaker by any stretch of the imagination. Many people have had run-ins with Karl Wang. It logically follows that Karl Wang is the correct target for analysis and attack, not teachers. Likewise regarding Max Long. The common denominator vis-a-vis run-ins with Max is Max, not the individual teachers.

One would surmise that the purpose here is to lay out clearly and in no uncertain terms, the evil acts which have been done by Max Long and Karl Wang. When this is done clearly and by enough credible people, their removal from Peizheng ( Pei Zheng ) by the authorities can, and eventually, probably will, happen. Let's use simple English, simple and clear wording and ideas, and lay our thoughts out clearly.

Karl Wang is a piece of work. Everyone knows that. In my opinion, he exudes a very nasty aura and throws off a very negative vibe. Individual teachers who have had no run-ins with Karl Wang have NO RIGHT to attack teachers who HAVE had run-ins with him. Remember - if someone is recounting their issues, let them recount them without being molested. It makes me think of rape victims being called whores and sluts in court.

We are all, or at least, should be, united against Karl Wang and Max Long. Infighting simply makes us look bad and weakens our story.

The story about this scandal must come out loud and clear on the internet. We need to identify these men and spread the word about them. We need to warn other EFL teachers about Peizheng. We must make these bad men pay a price for their actions.

I cannot find information about Karl Wang on the Peizheng College website. Does that mean he has been quietly removed? Or does it mean that because Chinese websites are so messy that his information is hidden somewhere? I suppose we will find out soon enough whether Max Long and Karl Wang are in fact still employed at Peizheng.

This Peizheng scandal is rather sordid and deserves special attention. We are bound by duty to report this abuse of foreigners. We are not pretending foreigners are all perfect.

Let's end the infighting. Keep your stories short and focused, please, for the love of God.

I would speculate that no-one has any 'personal issues' with anyone here. It is simply a matter of two men abusing their positions for their own gain. Karl Wang - for money. Max Long - to put this job on his CV and keep the job for two years or so and get a good recommendation letter before he moves on to wherever he's going. Karl Wang doesn't have 'personal issues' with teachers. He's simply stealing from them. If the teacher doesn't like it, he them makes personal attacks on that teacher. He will attack directly, or more commonly, indirectly. In comes Max Long to do the nasty on the teachers on behalf of Karl Wang.

When it all boils down to it, it's rather simple. We are simply seeing to which depths people are willing to go to 'get ahead' in life. We are teachers. We are not criminals or thieves. We deserve better than this. a LOT better.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Aug 2011, 06:33

I agree: Poster "truthiness" very well said indeed. There is no reason to spread rumors and speak ill of FTs. On that note, I would like to add: I feel that poster "Truth" is much too concerned with personal issues concerning their own feelings about mentioned FT teachers; voicing their (Truth's) personal opinions rather than fact! I don't think it's right to blatantly attack any FT here just because "Truth" you don't like them. You tend to stray way off topic concerning the many problems facing FTs at this college.

You "Truth" are certainly behaving in a very Karl Wangist manner. And, your account of past FT directors is slightly off in many ways. Yes, there seems to be many more "Untruths" spoken by you concerning several detailed issues which aren't truly the real details.You appear to speak with such authority on all matters, yet you fail miserably; unable to express any objective and accurate accounts of many things that have happened at this school over the years. The more you post, the more you display an ignorance and blindness to what has been really happening at this college.

And, what's up with attacking the Magick Cafe in such a vicious manner ? How did that place get so involved in this thread ? And why would you spread malicious lies and rumors about that place ? Did the cafe 'Red Card' you or something? Did you get a bad cup of coffee? OR, if you have some personal issue and/or vendetta with teacher "M"; maybe you should take it up with him personally. You seem to know him so well, so why not email him or call him and voice your true opinions to him, instead talking crap and spreading it here.
Really "Truth"; Get Real.

It would appear that "ThirdView" is trying to express and account for all the wrong doings that occur at this college. Impossible. There are too many of them. It's nice that you "ThirdView" are trying to inform and warn the FT community of this college. Yet, you also seem to be stirring up former and/or present malcontent FTs from there and thus, resulting in the personal issue BS and a true lack of Truth in several things posted here! Let's keep on track and focus on the real problem of this college; the corrupt administrative staff, poor management and the lack of respect they have to their own FTs.

Please try to leave any personal issues at the door and enter this thread with the Real Facts that concern the college's inappropriate behavior! to it's Foreign Teachers, Chinese Teachers, and to its Students.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 02 Aug 2011, 08:16

A special note for Poster Truth!

I feel somebody has to address this issue and put an end to your madness; spreading rumors and lies and using this thread for your own perverted agenda. And, this is not a personal issue that I have with you. I have no idea who you are, but now I am curious. What do you personally have against the Magick Cafe? or is your problem with the aforementioned teacher "M" ? Who are You? to spread such trash in this thread!

Any reader here knows by now, that you despise the college in a very deep way. That's just fine; for whatever reason you may have. And yes, people should be made aware of the many wrong doings that go on here; that is, concerning the college! That being said, I have no choice other than to question your credibility and sanity in concern to the Malicious LIE you have recently posted concerning the Cafe! Why in the world would you post something like that here? It is now obvious that you are out of your mind. Is there real caffeine in the coffee there ? Is that the crime? No fake coffee?

Now you are fabricating and posting COMPLETE LIES concerning a place that has nothing to do with the concerns of this thread. The cafe is the only a safe haven in the area. I enjoy going to the cafe on occasion, just as many FTs, CTs and students do. Why can't you seem to leave it alone? Are you so "initiated" as to have some special knowledge that nobody else has; including all those involved with the cafe?

The TRUTH is! There are No Drugs in any way at that Cafe! That is, unless you "Truth" are the one bringing them and doing them. What are you thinking to make up such a lie and then present it here as fact?

And btw, the cafe is still there. It didn't get raided and never will. Only because such things, as you have irresponsibly stated here, are very malicious lies indeed. Not rehiring teacher "M" did not make the cafe go away. It is beyond reason why you "Truth" feel you have the right to post such lies and to spread rumors concerning that place, which has struggled for several years to survive. I, along with many others, am glad it's still there.

There is something very odd about your posting such a vicious rumor and taking this thread off track in such a manner. All you have now managed to prove, is that this college does hire complete lunatics! Readers here are aware that you were once (or you still are) a FT there; and certainly one who is a malcontent, to say the least. Now, that's the "Truth".
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 02 Aug 2011, 15:09

Stop it!

I will list different individuals and aspects of Peizheng and then mark them 1-10
according to their relevance to this thread:

Magick Mark and his cafe: 0
Teacher D, his assistant at the cafe: 0
Teacher C, the tall guy with a heart condition: 0
Teacher Canadian R, the hero who got us our money: 0
Truth: 0
Puzzlebox: 0
Thirdview: 0
Kingsleyj: 0
Truthiness: 0
All future posters here: 0
Karl Wang: 10
Max Long: 10
Arthur: 8
Peizheng College: 9
FAO Admin: 8
John Oxley: 8

What Karl Wang DID to to Mark and his cafe is relevant, but Mark himself isn't. Leave him alone.

John Oxley is relevant as is his non-Anglophone wife. He is an enforcer and his wife being a non-native-speaker (of English) is the reason. Why would the college employ a non-native-speaker otherwise? of course Oxley will trample all over everyone else to suck up to a college that keeps his wife, the non-native-English-speaker, on the payroll.

The reason Max Long and Karl Wang are getting away with what they are doing is laid out loud and clear in this thread:

infighting

(and/or infiltration to make it look like infighting)

The purpose of this thread in my opinion is to permanently stain the names of the evil-doers. Teachers are simply not relevant. This isn't about teachers. It's about the evil-doers. John Oxley, while a teacher, is also an evil-doer, so he's relevant. Sorry, but the cafe itself isn't relevant. The cafe isn't doing anything against the teachers, ergo it shouldn't be part of this thread.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 02 Aug 2011, 19:58

Reasons for simple English and short phrases:

- the messages can be read quickly and clearly understood
- Chinese English speakers can get the gist
- the messages can be translated into Chinese with relative accuracy using Google

Eventually some in the government are going to reading these pages and they will be using Google and other software to translate it. Also for search engine result purposes let's keep any and all alternative names and spellings in these messages.

广东培正学院英语教育中心
guangdong peizheng college
pei zheng

Karl Wang isn't going to last forever. At least the scumbag above him could can him (move him somewhere else) to keep himself in power. PZ is a nice cushy place for easy money. That's why Karl Wang and those above him came to PZ. They came sniffing and found a place ripe for scams, Chink-style, and decided to take over.

Face it. Who needs to work for the Chinese anymore? We deserve and can get better than this.

Send documents to teflchina@yahoo.com

PS: THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE MAGICK CAFE. DRUGS ARE NOT SOLD THERE. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT RECENT AND ON-GOING CRIMES AT PEIZHENG, NOT PAST MANAGERS OR PERSONAL ISSUES. THERE ARE NO RELEVANT PERSONAL ISSUES TO DISCUSS. THIS IS A CRIME SCENE. LEAVE MARK ALONE. LEAVE THE CAFE ALONE. STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE TOPIC.

THE TOPIC:

KARL WANG AND MAX LONG AND ARTHUR AND THEIR CRIMES AND HOW THEY ARE DESTROYING PEIZHENG FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAINS - AND HOW THEY MUST BE REMOVED FROM THEIR POSITIONS.
Last edited by Susan on 15 Aug 2011, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use respectful language for other nationalities; asking for info on KW to report him to the authorities.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 03 Aug 2011, 02:54

1. MESL / Third View / puzzlebox / truthiness. Most likely all myriad personalities of the same original poster - MESL on Dave's, Third View here.

2. To this poster and his myriad personalities :

2a. You do not control the tenor nor the amplitude of this discussion;

2b. While you are making a great effort at controlling and derailing this discussion, which existed long before you and your Internet myriad personalities even arrived in China, this discussion is open to all and in a manner fit to each of them;

2c. If anything, the scope of your commentary, as well as that of your "friends" only damages your credibility even further and renders any valid comments and criticisms that you wish to make concerning the College almost incredulous, in the proper etymological meaning of the term; and

2d. Your posturing on this board, on other boards, and on the blog that you have written causes all who actually know the true series of events at the College which resulted in your termination (not "explusion") to ponder whether or not the College might have actually been reasonably justified in exiting you almost manu militari. for reasons of "professional malfeasance" as it was noised about the College, although I actually did hear "moral turpitude" attached to those comments as well.

3. It is not an object of contention by me that Karl Wang's behaviour at best is excessively egregious, in addition to the severe incompetence of his underlings.

4. It is not an object of contention by me that a good deal of the foreign teachers at the College would not be employable anywhere else.

5. It is not an object of contention by me that a certain amount of the foreign teachers at the College have serious drinking problems, use drugs which are purchased locally, etc., etc.

6. It is not an object of contention by me that MESL and all of his monikers, aliases, myriad personalities was one of the very, very rare foreign teachers at the College to be exited so quickly after the beginning of the term, even though he hung on for dear life until June, 2011.

7. It is not an object of contention by me that the Magick Kafe, the appearance of which on these forums was raised by MESL and all of his monikers, aliases, myriad personalities and the like, was, is, and perhaps maybe at any point in the future as described in these forums, as a place of questionable and nefarious practices.

8. The manner in which MESL has muddied Arthur X., a senior administrator of the College, is an object of serious contention by me, given my long-standing acquaintance with this person. MESL simply put Arthur "over the top" with his professional malfeasance. It is absolutely unfathomable that somehow MESL and his monikers believe that as a result of their actions, they may overthrow Arthur and Karl and establish a brave new world at the College. This is China and that will never happen. Obviously a group of newbies!

9. Penultimately, MESL and all of his monikers came as a problem to this College and now he has departed this life at the College as a problem. He should be truly grateful, given how vicious Karl Wang can be, that he was not blacklisted at the Guangdong Foreign Experts' Bureau as such a move would have had the effect of rendering his future employment almost impossible, given the new interlocking computerisation of the FEB system throughout the country. Then again, perhaps he was blacklisted. Who knows?

10. Finally, a direct message to MESL : please re-establish your credibility, if possible, and your integrity, by dealing with the issues, noting, along the way, your own failings. A good witness is credible and honest witness.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 03 Aug 2011, 16:33

Dear John Oxley (?),

Sorry, but we are not all the same person. I am attempting to stop YOU (The Truth) from derailing the discussion. Fair enough, it is not up to one individual to control the scope of the thread but I'm trying to keep it as close as possible to the essence, which is that Karl Wang and Max Long and perhaps Arthur too, are guilty of some devious acts and should pay the price here on the internet, where we can voice our grievances without backlash.

There has never been drug dealing at the cafe. That isn't just conjecture, it is a boldfaced lie in order to shift attention away from Max Long, Karl Wang, Arthur, and JOHN OXLEY - Mr manuu militarii (?).

"The Truth" could be Karl Wang, Arthur, or Max Long, but it's probably John Oxley. After all, he's trying to shift attention away from himself and his non-Anglophone wife.

Blacklisting: This is a complete lie. Peizheng cannot blacklist anyone. This is a threat that only newbies to China fall for. Those who understand China better don't fall for it.

Sorry, but Truthiness isn't Teacher C, MESL, or anyone else.

TO REITERATE, "JOHN / TRUTH" (?), THE MAIN ISSUE HERE (IN MY OPINION), IS:

KARL WANG & MAX LONG

AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO PEIZHENG, THE TEACHERS, AND THE STUDENTS.

(and what Karl and Max are making Peizheng do on their behalf to foreign teachers)
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 03 Aug 2011, 17:38

Hopefully Peizheng will eventually be cleansed of its more toxic elements, namely, Max Long, Karl Wang (Wenzhong Wang), and even John Oxley's wife, who, as a non-native-English-speaker, doesn't quite belong in the industry, at least at college level. They got rid of the arguably more fluent Filipinos, after all.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 03 Aug 2011, 17:49

Let's see how much longer the authorities allow Karl Wang to steal and embezzle money.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 03 Aug 2011, 18:12

Max Long's real name might be KIM RAY LONG.

Karl Wang's real name might be Wenzhong Wang, but we need the real Chinese version of it.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 04 Aug 2011, 03:33

To poster Truth: Once again you have proven your limited capacity for intellectual reasoning by not being able to tell the difference in the tone and writing styles of ThirdView, Puzzlebox and truthiness. If any poster here is trying to control this thread; it's You!

You (Truth) continue to assume and fabricate; giving us only your opinions most of the time and not stating facts. If your real concern here is to discredit the college, then keep to that task and provide real information concerning the PZ's administration and its corruption. There is no need, by anyone posting here, to use the names of foreign teachers and/or to spread rumors concerning them; or for that matter, the cafe too.

Truth; you have posted BS, lies and many partial truths here with the resonance of authority, yet most of your postings are only your opinion or complete fabrications. And, you never seem to rescind or retract fictitious statements you have made here. Why do you continue? What is your real purpose in this thread? I know my purpose. My purpose is mostly to keep 'You' honest. I would rather see and read the 'real truth' about this college and to allow this thread to expose the PeiZheng administration for what it truly is: corrupt!

Now to address another one of your (Truth) fabrications:
You posted earlier that teacher "C" was the best candidate for the Program B Director. For many reasons, which I will not mention here (these is no reason to bring "C"s skeletons out of the closet), "C" was surely not the best candidate. "C" wanted the job (however, "C" always told everyone that she didn't want the job.) but for some reason Karl thought "M" was a better choice, so Karl asked "M". There were several meetings as I recall hearing about. "M" certainly didn't want the position (the reason for the several meetings) and only agreed to take the position after many teachers had encouraged him; even "C" supported "M". Most likely in realization that she wasn't going to get it and she knew "M" and knew he was a better choice than the FTs who were chasing the job. An ironic note here, is that after "M" took the position, "C" constantly bad-mouthed "M" behind his back as she pretended to be a friend. Yeah, I guess "C" was a good candidate to be an admin at this school. And as I recall, while sitting in "M's office one day, "M" was defending "C" and her husband "A" in their right to NOT have to work overtime that term. "M" was big on FT rights and always tried to win back respect for the FTs; which was suffering at this college more and more every term. Anyway, this is only a part of the chain of events which eventually lead to "M" resigning. That term, the administration had messed up royally and had caused more problems than usual; thus, they needed a scape goat. "M" was the easy target, but by resigning as director and requesting his return to teaching full-time, "M" was able to dodge the bullet; that is, for the moment. Eventually, Karl and Arthur got their revenge, as it would seem, using the cafe against "M". Once again, that's the Truth!
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby puzzlebox » 04 Aug 2011, 03:44

To clarify my recent post: The teacher "C" mentioned in my previous post was known as "Doc" and is no longer at the college, and is not to be confused with teacher "C" the tall guy. just wanted to make this clear.
puzzlebox
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 04 Aug 2011, 14:15

Actually, I hate to cause you some fright ...

but since about the middle of last year, yes, there is a very, very effective national blacklist of foreign teachers, broken down by province. Since I did myself did not believe it, and since I have good relations with my FEB, I was actually brought into the loop to a certain degree. It does exist for a fact.

Since about the middle of last year, all of the FEBs are now hooked up nationwide. Previously FEB information was handput into a local provincial computer and then the little greed then blue booklet was hand issued almost ipso facto in most cases. That is no longer the case.

Now all information is entered into a nationwide-database and the newest FEC are still-blue but very much resemble a Canadian or U.S. passport in format (barcoded, etc., etc.). Additionally, a sign-off sheet, letter of release plus recommendation combined together, are universally required. If the letter of release plus recommendation are negative, that will have an impact.

And yes, to all of the myriad posters of Third Wave aka MESL, etc., etc. Peizheng does have the ability to put a teacher on the blacklist. Candidates for blacklisting, however, are not just automatically blacklisted. Their case is reviewed, so to speak, and then they are blacklisted under the new system. In many cases, the local FEB's have become more stringent, under pressure, than the local PSB's.

As for Guangdong, there are three FEB Bureaus in Guangzhou -- one that covers that the national level schools ONLY; another that covers Guangdong schools only and a third that covers that special military / elite institutions of the federal government. I am not sure if PZ is under the jurisdiction of the first or the second one.

And to one of the less-than-well-mannered previous posters, all three-of-you (or all one of you) are whipping up a storm to no avail. This is NOT your country; your tenure in the College was troublesome; perhaps your previous tenures at other Chinese schools were also troublesome. So if you think that by involving all of these institutions in some little game that you are going to come out on top, you are not. 9 out of 10 says that you will loose, and loose big time. As they check your story, they will check you and they will check the college.

And remember, you have no "relations" as the Chinese say, and the College surely has relations, and if it chooses to use them, you will get smacked hard and big-time. You are a foreigner, you are a troublesome foreigner in their eyes, etc., etc.

You write hyperbole, nothing more, nothing less. You are going to achieve nothing, except perhaps your own deportation or exclusion from work in Guangdong Province. That is almost predestined.

And sorry but I have been in China almost 12 years. I know it a little better than you do. In fact a lot better than you do...I just don't flaunt it crassly and vulgarly like you do.

As for Dr. "C", and her decidedly overweight husband, they were good people, if not rather small-town in their universal badmouthing of everyone. She never badmouthed Dr. Wild Turkey however. Maybe they are in Z. now, I am not sure.

Since the College keeps the Foreign Expert Booklet, I wonder if you have even actually seen it.
TheTruth
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia