Dongpeng English Training Centre in China?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

blentil

Dongpeng English Training Centre in China?

Unread post by blentil »

Hi. Has anybody heard of or had any experience working with or tutoring for the “Dongpeng English Training Centre” in China? They have offered me a position as an online English tutor but I want to make sure it is not a scam or fraud since they have asked for my bank account info to send payments via bank drafts twice a month. Anybody got anything? Thanks.
ColleenG

Re: Dongpeng English Training Centre in China?

Unread post by ColleenG »

I have also been recently offered a position at Donpeng. I don't have a problem with bank drafts; however, the employment contract I received required that I submit a $350 USD deposit for the training materials. Further research shows that the site has only been active since Feb. of 2011, which makes me very suspicious. Also, the contract is written in very poor English; shouldn't a ESL school have their formal employment contract proofread for correct English? I am not going to accept this position because I feel it is probably a scam. Good luck!
jilpet

Unread post by jilpet »

I was also just offered a contract from Dong Peng. I had questions about the deposit, and was given the option of sending a partial payment of $165 directly to the software company and then told the text book amount could be reduced from th first paycheck. When I researched the software company, Xi’an Unique Electronics Ltd, it says nothing about software development, only instrument and gauge production. Seems very fishy.... But I will keep probing, just to see what comes up next
Joe
Admin

Unread post by Joe »

Generally speaking, employers pay employees, not vice-versa.
Amatullah

Unread post by Amatullah »

Yes, this school is a SCAM! I even wish that I did not fill out the application w/my picture as that can be a tool for identity theft. They also ask for your banking information (so they can WITHDRAW money, not pay you). They give you a fake test, and even ask for flickr account info. I figured that this place was a joke, schools in China do not pay $25 an hour. I confronted the school and told them that they are scammers, and amazingly....they stopped contacting me. Be careful when dealing online with any job. If you send a photo or your passport scan/copy to any of these people, watermark it to discourage ID theft.

I kept all of their emails and even a copy of their application for proof is anyone needs it.
sarahp

Unread post by sarahp »

Hi All! I too have completed the tests and been accepted as an on-line teacher with Dong Peng, and like all of you, am wondering if this company is legitimate or not.
Before I send the requested deposit of 200 USD, I would like to hear from anyone who is actually employed by Dong Peng and can verify the they are a bona fide school. So please let me know! Many thanks!
TheTruth

Unread post by TheTruth »

This is NOT a bona fide school.

It has been written about all over the Internet and all over the Chinese press. They have a particularly nefarious reputation.

Kiss your money good bye if you have sent it to this school.

In China, never, ever, ever pay an agent money to secure a job for you. Not ever.