help with some questions

Discussion for teachers preparing students for exams (eg TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge) or tests in general.

Moderator: Susan

help with some questions

Unread postby emmap » 08 May 2014, 07:50

Hi,
Can somebody please help me choosing the right answers:
---
Match the activity (1 – 10) to the reason for the activity (a – j):

1: The teacher pronounces a word and then gets the class to repeat the word together.
2: The teacher asks the students how they like to be corrected.
3:The teacher writes new vocabulary on the side of the whiteboard and leaves it on the board for the whole lesson.
4: The teacher encourages a discussion on the web development to a group of e-commerce experts.
5: The teacher asks students to find out 5 pieces of information from 3 other students in the class.
6: The teacher sets up a series of role-plays for the students.
7: The teachers asks the students to look at pictures of different extreme weather before listening to a recording of a weather forecast.
8: The teacher plays a quick game of I-Spy at the beginning of the lesson.
9: The teacher elicits sentences using the structures / vocabulary that has just been taught.
10: The teacher introduces the students to a website featuring practice grammar tests.

a) Highlighting the one of the aims of the lesson and ensuring that students have the time to refer to it throughout the lesson

b) Giving the students the opportunity to practise the language that has been taught or introduced

c) A 'warmer' the get the class focussing on English

d) Personalising the lesson to the students interests and knowledge

e) Giving the students guidance and tools to develop their learning on their own

f) Providing a reason for students to talk in English to each other

g) Modelling new vocabulary and drilling to ensure that the class can learn the correct pronunciation

h) Checking that the class have understand the language points that have been taught

i) Finding out about the students learning preferences

j) Setting the scene and allowing the students to think of vocabulary and structures that may be relevant
emmap
Registered Member

Return to Tests and Exams