Preparation for TOEIC

Discussion re test preparation

Moderator: Joe

vendeene

Preparation for TOEIC

Unread post by vendeene »

Hi,

I am a freelance teacher and have just started a course preparing "lycée" or High school students for the TOEIC. This is the first time I have done this. I have one one-and-a-half hour session each week with a group of 4 and we are doing 14 sessions. I have the ETS Tactics for TOEIC kit which is quite useful.

I'd like to hear from and share ideas with someone who has previous experience of the test.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Preparation for TOEIC

Unread post by Alex Case »

I've taught it, reviewed TOEIC textbooks and published TOEIC lesson plans and worksheets. I guess the main thing you need is to supplement the textbook. What doesn't it do well or enough of?
vendeene

Unread post by vendeene »

Thanks for your reply. i'm sorry that I didn't reply earlier. I have since successfully completed a TOEIC course. My students got excellent scores: 910 being the best. The book was useful for giving some structure to the course but not very lively. Have you come across other material which could add some 'life' ? Grammar games, role plays ?? Thanks.
liebez

Unread post by liebez »

Hello,

any advice for a new teacher? I have been offered to teach TOEIC prep in some Grande Ecole in Paris but I have never done it before so I am panicking a bit! :?

thank you!!