HELP! Looking for conversation coursebook!

Teaching ESL to adults

Moderator: Joe

BBFCFM2001

HELP! Looking for conversation coursebook!

Unread post by BBFCFM2001 »

I have a student interested in having just conversation lessons. He studies English grammar and vocabulary independently, but wants to have conversation lessons once a week to improve his listening, conversation skills, and pronunciation. I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good conversation coursebook that they've used. I know that some books exist, but have yet to find one that is appropriate. My student is a 40 year old business man, interested in improving his English conversation skills (he is at the intermediate level) in a wide variety of general situations, not just business. I really appreciate it if you could give me some advice! I am really at a loss as to what to do!
Thank you!
Amanda
Nigel
Rising Star

Looking for conversation coursebook!

Unread post by Nigel »

You could try looking at Discussions A-Z. The topics are not business related. But if your student just wants to practise oral English it could be a start.

Nigel
bawe

Conversation books

Unread post by bawe »

Nah dont worry about it. Students come and theyall say the samn Conversation conversation conv.... factory cleaners... CEOs... you can use what you like or better still nothin..... i tried it on handreds of me studen... and now am earnin me keep . ya just keep on goin and youll be right. Look at me. I'm happy! :lol:
rednelo

Unread post by rednelo »

You can find some lesson plans on the web. Recently I've started using lesson plans published on http://www.english-4u.com. They seem to focus on adult learners. You can get some of the lessons free of charge, but I recommend getting a subscription. It still works out cheaper than buying a course book.