Teaching EAP essay styles

Teaching ESL to adults

Moderator: Susan

Teaching EAP essay styles

Unread postby Trang » 01 Feb 2005, 17:21

My students are taking an exam in June and need to know how to write certain types of essays like compare and contrast, problem and solution, for and against.

Can anybody help me with ideas for teaching these?

Thank you

Trang
Trang
Registered Member

Teaching essay styles

Unread postby kevin » 06 Feb 2005, 14:04

Hi Trang,

I think the best way to do this is to show sts examples of the type of essay you ant them to write. You can study the structure, how it's put together, etc. Also look at typical phrases that occur in the essay type. Give the students lots of work on these phrases (gap fill, complete the sentence, etc).

You can then put students in groups to plan their essays that they finish alone for homework.

Kevin
kevin
Registered Member

Re: Teaching EAP essay styles

Unread postby richardj » 12 May 2014, 10:11

These are the main problems facing by the essay writing service users. The person who simply choose website for service without any evaluation about the company may be cheated. They need essays within the time they mentioned. Because most of the lectures will provide one deadline to submit their essays. But if the students failed to submit their essays within time means, they may be reducing their essay marks or maybe they will not accept essays after they deadline. The best way to contact buy custom essays online to buy essay. Such websites will provide their contact number in their contact page or in customer support page.
richardj
Registered Member

Return to Teaching Adults