Mentor Request

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

brianschild

Mentor Request

Unread post by brianschild »

Hello!
My name is Brian and I am looking forward to meeting my TEFL Mentor. I will be a volunteer teacher to adult Malagasy custodians and security guards here. There will be three class sessons per week. Madagascar is in the time zone GMT + 3 . If you live in Chicago, that makes you eight hours ago. I have very little experience as a teacher of English, though I have an old fashioned work ethic derived from years working in the food service industry. Preparation in that line of work has always been a key to success(though putting spices and foods together effectively also helped). My objective is to get positive feedback (in English) from the students and perhaps their employers as the students aquire the English language. I love people and language and am getting to know Malagasy and French while here. I expect to be here for three years at least. I am going through this websight and its forums with a fine tooth comb, been getting feedback from an ESL teacher back home and have been gathering copious how-to notes from e-how online. I need your personal expertise and guidance! Wish me luck!
Thank you for concidering my request.
Brian
brianschild

Re: Mentor Request

Unread post by brianschild »

Still in active search mode for a mentor! Please reply!
sunny

Re: Mentor Request

Unread post by sunny »

My degree gave me a lot of information on theory but not so much information on practical activities.