Teaching in France

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

joanne

Teaching in France

Unread post by joanne »

I'm thinking of going to France to start teaching there.

Can anybody give me ideas, tips, advice on what to expect, how to find a job, etc?

thanks

Joanne
rafiq

Re: Teaching in France

Unread post by rafiq »

joanne wrote:I'm thinking of going to France to start teaching there.

Can anybody give me ideas, tips, advice on what to expect, how to find a job, etc?

thanks

Joanne
hi joanne, i would like to do the same.. have you had any feedback regarding your request...

thanks

rafiq
Julia

Unread post by Julia »

Hi all,
I've been living in France (southwest) for 14 months now and I tell you- there are NO jobs here. I've got countless friends with careers in English, years of experience in England who don't have jobs. I know of ONE irish guy who, after handing in a CV three times over the period of 2 years, has finally got a job as an english teacher. Hate to put you off but this is my experience. Specially if you are a beginner i'd say forget it. You're better off in Asia.
Good luck! And if you have got any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Julia
yucatan

Re: Teaching in France

Unread post by yucatan »

Hi
I lived in France 15 years, and have to agree that TEFL jobs are very difficult to find.Check out a typical job offers page, usually any week will offer: Spain 200, Italy 150, Poland 170 etc, France 1, and that s probably Wall Street Institute in Paris.
I taught in a badly organized school, but had another job and couldn t have lived from teaching.I later got a CELTA and taught in Mexico, very easy to get a job.
Don t let me stop you from trying, but I would recommend you spread your search to other countries.
good luck
AMM