US citizen looking to work in Spain. Please help.

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

benlowther

US citizen looking to work in Spain. Please help.

Unread post by benlowther »

Hi

My girlfriend is a US citizen and she is looking to somehow find some work in Spain this year. She was hoping to get a job through a private company but found out today that she didn't get it, so now we're looking for a new way for her to get a job there. She has majored in Spanish and English wants to find any kind of teaching job in Spain. Will it be possible for her? I know she should take one of these courses that everyone talks about, like TEFL or CELTA, and i'm sure she would be willing to do that. But without an EU passport this could be hard, right?

Please help. Any feed back on what she should do, what course she should take would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Ben
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: US citizen looking to work in Spain. Please help.

Unread post by systematic »

Hi,

D check out the other threads on this forum as your situation has been fully discussed several times. In short it is qute difficult for non EU citizens to get English teaching jobs in the EU, even if they are from a native English speaking country such as the USA, the reason being that EU citizens don't need visas to travel within the Union, and have a fundamental right to seek employment in any EU country.