Work experience at British Book Centre in Russia

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

loshadka

Work experience at British Book Centre in Russia

Unread post by loshadka »

Hello,
I represent British Book Centre in Saint-Petersburg (Russia). It is made up of the remnants of the long since closed down British Council library. We are interested in popularization of British literature and culture as well as in organization of different events.
We are constantly looking for a native English Speakers for managing some of our events like seminars, lectures, trainings, reader’s club etc.
The Centre does not offer a job but an opportunity to develop and improve your teaching skills and to get a real teaching experience. So, It’s a sort of internship.

If you take an interest in this offer, PM me.
Thank you
Natalia
larryparadine

Re: Work experience at British Book Centre in Russia

Unread post by larryparadine »

Hallo Natalia.

I haven't used this forum recently, so have only just read your post. I've tried to pm you but I'm not sure the message was sent properly. I live in Russia, but a long way from St. Petersburg: However, I know someone (British) who not only lives and works in St. Petersburg, but also runs a website with a forum especially for native English speaking teachers in St. Petersburg. I don't think the moderators of this forum would be pleased if I mention that site's name here, even though it isn't in any sense a competitor, but try to pm me for details.

I have a question: do you know who, or what organisation, took over from the old British Council libraries in Samara and Nizhny Novgorod?

С наступаещем праздникам (международный День женщин)!

Ларри/Larry.