Guide for teachers on living and teaching in Hong Kong

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

navigatehk

Guide for teachers on living and teaching in Hong Kong

Unread post by navigatehk » 24 Sep 2017, 03:05

Hello, everyone

I have been living and teaching in Hong Kong for the last 10 years and started writing articles about it on Medium (a blogging space). Now I have my own website where I post articles regularly. I want my website to be a place where teachers can come for advice on what living and teaching in Hong Kong is like. If you are thinking about moving to Hong Kong to live and teach, check out my website. I know you will find something that will help you on your journey

Thanks for checking the website out,

Jamie
navigatehk.com

John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Guide for teachers on living and teaching in Hong Kong

Unread post by John V55 » 01 Oct 2017, 03:49

Hi Navigate,
Too old to teach in HK I think, but have been there a couple of times to do the Wan Chai run when I first came to China and really liked it. Entered both times via Shenzhen airport and then by underground to the border. Did the touristy thing with limited time - first world stuff. Looked at your site and you need to do some serious SEO stuff if Wordpress give you access to your html page – interesting for anyone heading in that direction though.
Change My World: Politics, education & emigration http://changemyworld.forumotion.com

Murphy
Rising Star

Re: Guide for teachers on living and teaching in Hong Kong

Unread post by Murphy » 04 Oct 2017, 15:32

Just curious John... why do you think you have to be young to teach in HK? My best teachers have always been over 40.