Holy Global Education of Beijing? Good, Bad, or Ugly? Legit or Scam?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

Saturn
Rising Star

Holy Global Education of Beijing? Good, Bad, or Ugly? Legit or Scam?

Unread post by Saturn »

I cannot find a thing about this company anywhere -not even a web site yet they have 20 people working in their office and showed me a license (in Chinese) that says they started business in 2008! They offered me 20,000 a month to teach for them but would not let me speak to other foreign teachers "Devon" and "Brandy" whose photos are plastered everywhere. WTF?
Volunteer
Rising Star

Re: Holy Global Education of Beijing? Good, Bad, or Ugly? Legit or Scam?

Unread post by Volunteer »

This smelled a bit fishy to me so I did some digging and found them blacklisted at a few places. Here is one of the most recent https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?704 ... ost1940297

But I also found that they use many different names to recruit people including "Holy Flower Education", "Hong Ren", "Holy Education" and they seem to recruit teachers from Church groups in Beijing. How creative. Everyone would probably trust someone they met at Church or a Bible Study Group!
Grizzly
Rising Star

Unread post by Grizzly »

They are blacklisted by the CTA and CFTU since 2012. So I guess they have been in business at least 4 years. But I cannot find a web site for them. All I found online was this here ----- https://eslwatch.info/forum/china/586-s ... fraud.html
Norman
Rising Star

Unread post by Norman »

It looks like they also are using the names "Holy Hope Education" and "Hopen Education" as well. It is so funny to see the weird names the Chinese pick for their schools. The strange names are always a red flag that says "We are Chinese!" yet they try to convince teachers and parents that they are an "international school".