Shane English School In Changning (Shanghai)

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

ziggy246

Shane English School In Changning (Shanghai)

Unread post by ziggy246 »

My partner and I have both been offered positions at Shane English School at their Changning branch in Shanghai. Does anybody have any info on this specific school? The interview seemed very professional and we've been offered 14,000 RMB and a pretty relaxed working week. 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday and no more than 20 hours of teaching a week.
Deadpool

Re: Shane English School In Changning (Shanghai)

Unread post by Deadpool »

While I can't speak for the specific branch,
Shane English is Blacklisted for being notoriously bad to work for.
People have had issues with pay, working hours, abusive managers, and some teachers have even been deported due to illegal visas. I would recommend you run, and don't look back.
robansell

Re: Shane English School In Changning (Shanghai)

Unread post by robansell »

Hi Ziggy and Deadpool,

As one of the managers at Shane in Shanghai, I can honestly say that none of the problems mentioned by Deadpool are true of Shane here. Far from being 'blacklisted' (which isn't a thing), we actually have a contract to work directly with the Shanghai government to provide teachers to public schools (which is the position you were offered). Our recruitment manager Coco emailed you last week with my work email address and Skype, and I am happy to answer any concerns you might have about this position, and put you in touch with current teachers on the program who have indicated they are happy to recommend the position to prospective teachers.

@Deadpool, my work email address is robert.ansell@shane.com.cn, please feel free to email me with details of any evidence you have of 'abusive managers', 'deported teachers'. All of our franchises are only allowed to employ staff on working visas, and while we have had issues in the past, as anyone who looks on ESL message boards will know, we have cancelled the franchise contract of any franchises who have been found guilty of these kinds of practices. We do take teacher welfare very seriously, and if the issues you mentioned are true, then you would be helping us out by bringing them to my attention so we can investigate. Thanks a lot.