China Foreign Teachers - Where Is The Best City To Work?

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

China Foreign Teachers - Where Is The Best City To Work?

Unread postby Blink » 02 Jul 2014, 00:03

Like most others I always assumed it would be Shanghai or Beijing. So I was shocked when I saw that 2,000 current foreign teachers in China didn't rate either city in the top five "best China city to work and live" and they barely made the top ten. Surprisingly Hangzhou and other water-front locations took 8 of the top ten spots. You can see how the veteran China teachers rated the top fifty cities at www.ChinaForeignTeachersUnion.com
Blink
Registered Member

Re: China Foreign Teachers - Where Is The Best City To Work?

Unread postby Nathan » 28 Jul 2014, 10:33

I traveled to 27 coastal cities of China and Beijing and I would have to agree with this article that Hangzhou is the place that has it all for foreigners - without the damn pollution of Beijing and Shanghai that makes you gag in the winter months.

http://open.salon.com/blog/china_business_central/2014/07/19/cftu_hangzhou_rated_no_1_by_china_foreign_expat_teachers_1

:-)
Nathan
Registered Member

Re: China Foreign Teachers - Where Is The Best City To Work?

Unread postby becki » 06 Aug 2014, 06:27

I actually taught in Hangzhou, so I thought I would reply. Yes, it's a very nice city. The area around West Lake is gorgeous and there's so much to do. Riding a bicycle is very safe and easy because most of the roads have designated bike lanes. I often went cycling in the mountains and visited tea farms.

If anyone has questions about Hangzhou, feel free to send me a message.
EFL Sensei: Free EFL/ESL Lessons For Teaching English Overseas
http://www.eflsensei.com
becki
Silver Member

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia