Want to go to work in Korea but I dont have much money

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

jamesbenjy

Want to go to work in Korea but I dont have much money

Unread post by jamesbenjy »

Hi, I really want to go work in South Korea but I dont have much money and wouldn't be able to afford the flights and accommodation up front. Is there any jobs out there that will pay for your flights out there, accommodation and then you just need to take a bit of money to keep you going until you get paid?
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Want to go to work in Korea but I dont have much money

Unread post by Alex Case »

I'm not sure, but it would be a terrible idea as that would mean putting yourself in debt to your employer - and there are so many dodgy schools in Korea that you really don't want to be stuck in a job because of that. Better to borrow from someone you know or even on your credit card, though again that might get you stuck in a job (if less so) because in Korea you can't switch jobs on the same visa.
serendip

Re: Want to go to work in Korea but I dont have much money

Unread post by serendip »

Almost all positions in Korea pay for your flight upfront and provide single private housing free of charge. That's standard for South Korea. You will only need enough money for the first six weeks, and it's a lot cheaper than the states. Also, many bosses will give you an advance on what you've already earned if you run out of cash after a month or so. First, you need to buy a grammar reference book to brush up on those old high school lessons.