Sichuan University of Science and Engineering

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Sichuan University of Science and Engineering

Unread postby kenna » 21 Jan 2013, 04:50

I taught in this school for the 2008-2009 school year. I can say that it is an excellent place to work and live. The staff was always friendly and helpful from the beginning to the end.

The students were the best part about being a teacher at this school. There were always large turnouts for organized English learning activities, with new students from different disciplines always showing up.

The school itself is divided into three campuses, two in the city of Zigong, and the freshman academy located a short bus ride away in the countryside. Most foreign teachers prefer the city campuses but I enjoyed living in the countryside. My favorite daily activity was playing sports (ping pong, badminton, basketball, etc.) with students. The mild climate in this part of China means you can play outdoors nearly year round.

This area is known for being laid back and there are plenty of tea houses to relax in and play mahjong with friends. The most famous food here is the hotpot. Again it is something best shared with a group. It can be challenging to eat at first because of the heat but after a year in Zigong you will crave it forever.
kenna
Registered Member

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia