Work in SE Asia Without a Degree

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Work in SE Asia Without a Degree

Unread postby Sumoyat » 03 Sep 2012, 11:46

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are currently looking to move abroad next summer. She is a qualified Maths teacher and will look for work in an international school. I have worked in a finacial institution for the last 4 years but do not have a degree. I do have 3 A-Levels and a TEFL certificate too.

We are not overly concerned about where we move to, South Korea is our first choice but I am aware that the visa requirements specify a degree. We would rather not move to China as my girlfriend grew up their and wants to explore new countries.

From what I have read so far most countries now require a degre for visa purposes and, whilst I don't doubt that I could find work illegally teaching, we are hoping to move for 2-5 years and I would much rather find something secure.

We are happy to get married before we move if it would mean I could obtain a visa to work on the back of my girlfriend's visa.

So far I have seen a few countries that don't require degrees (Argentina, Costa Rica, Russia, China, Mexico) but my girlfriend would like to teach a similar syllabus to the UK one, she also hates calling her subject 'Math' = )

If anyone has some advice they could give us about this it would be greatly appreciated, or any knowledge of countries we could obtain visas for in our situation.

Thanks,

Nick
Sumoyat
Registered Member

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia