Teaching in India and Nepal

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Teaching in India and Nepal

Unread postby maekat » 28 Aug 2012, 12:54

I'm an EFL teacher currently working in Moscow, with less than one year of experience but with a Trinity TESOL certificate and a university degree. I'm hoping to find work in Nepal or northern India next year and I was wondering if anyone had any contacts or advice.

All of the EFL positions I can find in Nepal are volunteer programs, and most of them cost money. I don't mind volunteering, but I'm not going to pay a program fee. I mainly need airfare, visa, and housing covered, and other than that volunteering is fine with me. Does anyone know of any schools or programs in Nepal I might try, or other resources?

I am also interested in teaching in India, mostly in northern India, but of course jobs are a bit scarce since India pretty much has English under control. I'm also looking for a shorter contract, hopefully 6 months but maybe up to 9. I'm hoping someone on these forums has some experience or information.

Does anyone have any advice, resources, or contacts for these areas?
maekat
Registered Member

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia