CertTESOL/CELTA in Asia (Singapore/HK)

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Canibeat
Registered Member

CertTESOL/CELTA in Asia (Singapore/HK)

Unread postby Canibeat » 29 Sep 2011, 14:56

Hey all!
Great to source upon this forum as I am intending to pursue the CertTesol Trinity/CELTA. I would like to enquire about taking the respective courses. I am from Singapore and would like to pursue my interest in TEFL/CELTA. With research, I have listed out that Singapore is offering the CELTA from Cambridge and nothing on the CertTesol Trinity. However, Hong Kong is offering the CertTesol course. My interest is that I would like to head over to HK to embark upon my teaching prospects and chances. Another reason is that my-fiancee-to-be is of HK nationality and that I have grown to like the country. Would it be advisable to take the CertTesol course in HK itself or the CELTA in Singapore? What are the advantages if I were to have the course in HK? Full time or part time? Anyone have had similar experiences or advise, do enlighten me on this issue. Cheers!

Alex Case
Teacher Trainer

Re: CertTESOL/CELTA in Asia (Singapore/HK)

Unread postby Alex Case » 30 Sep 2011, 21:25

There doesn't seem to be any advantage in studying in Hong Kong to me. CELTA is the most widely recognised qualification, including I would assume in Hong Kong.

Return to “Jobs Discussion - Asia”