Thailand advice

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

frankblack

Thailand advice

Unread post by frankblack »

Hello everyone

I am planning to get a Trinity TEFL Cert in the UK before going to Thailand to find my first job.

Are there any teachers in Thailand now or who have been there who can tell me what they did in terms of the visa? I have seen so much information it is difficult to know what to do. I understand a non-imm B is needed to get a work permit but obviously you can't get this if you are just getting stamped at the airport. And I have heard that getting it (at a Thai consulate in Malaysia/Laos etc) once you have a job offer is very difficult.

I would like to just get the stamp at the airport, find a job and get the employer's help in getting a non-imm B.

Any experiences/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Thailand advice

Unread post by systematic »

To get a Non Imm visa B before you go to Thailand, you will need a contract from the school, and you will need to produce your degree certificate.

If you enter the country on a 30-day tourist stamp, when the school has provided you with a contract and the pre employment documents from the provincial labour office, you should be able to get your first Non Im visa B from the Thai consulate in any neighbouring country. The nearest and most popular run is Vientiane, the capital of Laos.