is thailand off limits for a while?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

pintsogin

is thailand off limits for a while?

Unread post by pintsogin »

i remember in 2006 i was 18 there was that revolution/army coup thing going on. now its 2010 and they are still having problems. I was talking to my Thai friend about her home and about the recent political situation over there. She says its not a good time to go over and may not get better for a while. I was wondering what your insight was into the whole ordeal. I wanted to try teaching in Thailand or doing something over there by the end of 2011. Do you think it's just not a good idea to be going over for the foreseeable future?
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: is thailand off limits for a while?

Unread post by systematic »

Thailand is a modern, still fast developing country, and is one of the world's favourite tourism destinations. There are hundreds of thousands of expats living here, and tens of thousands of English teachers. The political situations have absolutely no impact whatsoever on our daily lives which continue as normal. There are plenty of jobs for teachers who can fulfill the legal requirements. There are no reasons whatsoever why you should delay coming here. See you soon :)
idorsevel

Re: is thailand off limits for a while?

Unread post by idorsevel »

Absolutely not, this is a political stunt aimed at creating attention in Thailand and around the world. Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.I walked through those demonstrations last week , and everybody was smiling at me.