Job Opportunites for a NON-NATIVE in Bangkok?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

bbbteacher

Job Opportunites for a NON-NATIVE in Bangkok?

Unread post by bbbteacher »

hey all...
i've looked and looked and looked...but cant seem to find any jobs for non-natives...everyone wants native english speakers...is there no option for non-natives??
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Job Opportunites for a NON-NATIVE in Bangkok?

Unread post by systematic »

Not really, no. However, although you may be handicapped by having a passport from a country that is not an English first-language country, if your English is really flawless and without a trace of yoyr native accent, there is no reason why you should not apply for jopbs in the normal way; there a re plent of Germans, Dutch, and Swedes working here for example. If, by chance you a Fillipino, it may be more difficult, because by 'native' English speakers, what is usually meant is people from European style countries.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
LinguRing

Re: Job Opportunites for a NON-NATIVE in Bangkok?

Unread post by LinguRing »

I also have known a few non-natives (Europeans) teaching in Thailand. It's definitely more difficult but there are jobs out there, good luck