esljobtaiwan scam or not?

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

esljobtaiwan scam or not?

Unread postby liano » 08 Jan 2010, 11:15

I have recently finished an online TEFL/TESOL course and I am now looking for jobs both in Korea and Taiwan. I responded to a job advertisement on esljobs.com and in response received and email from the recruiter, a Mr Bryan Wu, asking for copies of my passport and education certificates. He appears genuine, pay and hours are what I would expect etc but I have heard about possible scams.

I was hopping someone might be able to clarify, if they have come across this name or not?
Mr Bryan Wu
esljobtainwan@gmail.com

he also offers a phone line and a Skype contact.

in addition if anyone can offer me advise on job placement companies for schools in taiwan it would be much appreciated.
liano
Registered Member

Re: esljobtaiwan scam or not?

Unread postby systematic » 08 Jan 2010, 12:41

As long as he's not asking for money and/or original degree certificates, should be OK.
systematic
Teacher

Unread postby markc » 25 Jan 2010, 12:25

It should be ok. He probably just wants to speed up the application process for an ARC.
markc
Silver Member

Unread postby LORDTIGER » 13 Aug 2012, 22:26

WHO IS BRYAN WU? HE IS A MONEY MAKING CROOK. HIS TONGUE IS FORKED LIKE AN ENDLESS RIVER. BRYAN ALSO LIKES TO DISCRIMINATE FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. I HAVE FOUND HIS NAME IN A LOT OF FORUMS...
LORDTIGER
Registered Member

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia