Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby johnpz » 23 Oct 2011, 15:50

Just to clarify, I was mostly replying to Iconkiller. I thought my post would be right after his/hers, but someone beat me to it.
johnpz
Gold Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 11:23
Status: Teacher Trainer

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby puzzlebox » 23 Oct 2011, 17:49

Iconkiller wrote:Why do people respond to they can't get a job in their own country.
Because it is true. Many of us are very lazy people including you John.
All of us are overseas because we are lazy and don't want to work for
our money! John don't tell me you can get a job back home. Because
you can't! The Econ is so bad back home. No body here can get a job if they
go back home. TRY AGAIN YOU TRASH CAN!!!!!


Ahhh; the angst in this post. And, your argument is exactly what? Every ESL teacher in China is there because they are lazy and don't want to work for their money? That certainly seems to be very short sighted view of people who decide to explore options overseas. True; the economy in almost all Western countries now, is at an all time low. Yet, the civilized world has certainly not fallen apart completely. Those who are resourceful, will always find work where ever they choose.

Yes; there have been many lazy FTs at PZ and I'm sure there still are (since you refer to yourself as being lazy, I tend to believe you). However, some FTs have used (and use) the 'somewhat' easy work schedule to be able to do other things besides only teaching. Many of the FTs have used their free time to pursue other interests; whether it be travel, creative or business, etc. (Last year at PZ, some FTs got together and formed a "rock band". One FT organized a drum line made up of students. Many FTs were doing business in GZ or exporting, or just traveling all over China and/or Southeast Asia. And, some FTs have written and published books.) And then again, some of the older FTs were/are just enjoying an easier life; having given up the more stress related or boring jobs of their past. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are lazy.

Let us remember that PZ does attract many "loser-types". This will always be the case since the FAO is incapable of recruiting with any diligence. However, even the FAO gets lucky once in a while, and gets a few winners. And let us not forget, the FAO director (Karl) has certainly gotten rid of several good FTs for purely inane reasons; while keeping several undesirables for equally inane reasons! Go figure...
puzzlebox
Gold Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 17:09
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby RobertD » 24 Oct 2011, 09:11

As puzzlebox says, "Yes; there have been many lazy FTs at PZ and I'm sure there still are..." - I would like to add that teaching 20+ students who very often don't want to learn anything can be very hard work. I used to liken teaching a class for 1.5 hours as comparable to doing a one-man performance on stage - multiply that up by the number of classes in a day, often 3 or more, and you have an exhausting schedule.

Many people discover other talents when they work as TEFL teachers. I was given a software disc containing Flash, amongst other things, by a fellow FT, and since I have an interest in computers, set about teaching myself the ins and outs of Flash development. That lead to teaching myself website development which I then taught in my spare time to some of my Computer Studies students. All this brought me back into IT, but now in a more up-to-date environment from that in which I had been a professional for over 30 years. I also developed an interest in writing which lead to me finishing a novel - yet to be published (hopes!) - now I'm getting into travel writing. So, having lots of spare time at hand, many people do something with it, be it learning Chinese, travelling, photography - the list is endless.

It's all up to the individual and what they see for themselves - or they might prefer to just end up in the Red Lovers bar drowning their sorrows. I do remember finding a "teacher" sitting outside one of the little shops with 6 empty beer bottles scattered around his feet. He had been inside the Red Lovers for three days non-stop, apparently sleeping there and waking up to recommence his binge. The owner eventually managed to shove out the door which lead to my wife and I finding him and him begging us to take him home. He was a very big guy, but we managed to half carry half drag him to his apartment. The American Consulate had already got him a ticket home, but he even managed to miss the flight. We last saw him getting on a foudoo bus heading fort GZ. Now, he was an exception, but a terribly sorry sight.
User avatar
RobertD
Silver Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 07:54
Location: UK
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby Iconkiller » 24 Oct 2011, 11:50

puzzlebox wrote:
Iconkiller wrote:Why do people respond to they can't get a job in their own country.
Because it is true. Many of us are very lazy people including you John.
All of us are overseas because we are lazy and don't want to work for
our money! John don't tell me you can get a job back home. Because
you can't! The Econ is so bad back home. No body here can get a job if they
go back home. TRY AGAIN YOU TRASH CAN!!!!!


Ahhh; the angst in this post. And, your argument is exactly what? Every ESL teacher in China is there because they are lazy and don't want to work for their money? That certainly seems to be very short sighted view of people who decide to explore options overseas. True; the economy in almost all Western countries now, is at an all time low. Yet, the civilized world has certainly not fallen apart completely. Those who are resourceful, will always find work where ever they choose.

Yes; there have been many lazy FTs at PZ and I'm sure there still are (since you refer to yourself as being lazy, I tend to believe you). However, some FTs have used (and use) the 'somewhat' easy work schedule to be able to do other things besides only teaching. Many of the FTs have used their free time to pursue other interests; whether it be travel, creative or business, etc. (Last year at PZ, some FTs got together and formed a "rock band". One FT organized a drum line made up of students. Many FTs were doing business in GZ or exporting, or just traveling all over China and/or Southeast Asia. And, some FTs have written and published books.) And then again, some of the older FTs were/are just enjoying an easier life; having given up the more stress related or boring jobs of their past. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are lazy.

Let us remember that PZ does attract many "loser-types". This will always be the case since the FAO is incapable of recruiting with any diligence. However, even the FAO gets lucky once in a while, and gets a few winners. And let us not forget, the FAO director (Karl) has certainly gotten rid of several good FTs for purely inane reasons; while keeping several undesirables for equally inane reasons! Go figure...


Now where are all these people that were doing business in Guangzhou? Where isthe band that
was put together? Was the band good? It wasn't my taste in music. What about the book writers? Where are they these days? Did their books sell and make money?
Iconkiller
Silver Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2011, 02:43
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 24 Oct 2011, 12:50

Let me guess:

- the book writers are still talking & therefore not writing
- those who did business in GZ got ripped off and went back to teaching (getting ripped off IS business in GZ)
- Max is still developing his next big thing - standing in front of office towers wearing a sandwich board offering his bamboo arranging skills for hire
truthiness
Gold Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 17:14
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby johnpz » 24 Oct 2011, 13:54

There are many types of people at PZ. I just don't want readers of this forum to get the wrong idea that ALL of the teachers at PZ are "trash cans". The same way I didn't think it was fair for a previous poster to refer to all of the FTs as druggies.

Puzzlebox is right: a lot of FTs utilize their ample free time by pursuing hobbies or business. You are able to buy many of the books authored by PZ FTs on Amazon. Students are using editions of a current teacher's book at PZ right now.

There are binge drinkers and productive FTs. Let's not group all of them together.
johnpz
Gold Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 11:23
Status: Teacher Trainer

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby puzzlebox » 24 Oct 2011, 17:12

Iconkiller wrote:Now where are all these people that were doing business in Guangzhou? Where is the band that
was put together? Was the band good? It wasn't my taste in music. What about the book writers? Where are they these days? Did their books sell and make money?


Not my job to keep up with everything everyone else was doing. I was only mentioning a few things that some FTs were/are doing besides teaching at PZ. Just making a point that not all FTs in China are wasters and losers with no other options, and only some choose to be lazy; pursuing nothing other than collecting a paycheck at the end of the month. Several FTs do their duty as ESL teachers and also find the time for other pursuits. And then, some FTs are truly lazy; barely teaching and barely existing in any positive way of being. And, like I said; PZ does attract more than its fair share of losers. Simply due to Karl the FAO King, not doing his job!!!!
puzzlebox
Gold Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 17:09
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 25 Oct 2011, 15:05

I'm not sure Karl isn't doing "his job". I think his job is to keep costs low, rip people off, and cut corners.

I am under the impression that Karl may even be looking to hire people he can take advantage of. Otherwise, why would PZ have so many newbies to China - so many teachers who don't speak Chinese and don't know how things work in China. Prime fodder.

I believe Karl is "doing things by the book" to get ahead personally. That seems to entail destroying PZ. China is weird. People here have weird values. But then, um, lots of things are skewed or unfair in all countries, not just China.

Karl is Karl and China is China. The thing that really shocks me isn't Karl - it's Max. He doesn't speak Chinese or understand the system in China, but boy, he sold out the foreigners in very short order.
truthiness
Gold Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 17:14
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby Iconkiller » 25 Oct 2011, 16:37

truthiness wrote:Let me guess:

- the book writers are still talking & therefore not writing
- those who did business in GZ got ripped off and went back to teaching (getting ripped off IS business in GZ)
- Max is still developing his next big thing - standing in front of office towers wearing a sandwich board offering his bamboo arranging skills for hire


I am still doing business in Guangzhou. I am still making money. Teaching is only for the visa. As for Maxi Pad he still needs to change himself. Doing business in China takes a lot of heart.
That is tougher than teaching 12 classes a day.
Iconkiller
Silver Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2011, 02:43
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby johnpz » 28 Oct 2011, 07:18

So I heard there's no PZ Halloween party at Magick this year. A sure sign that things are going downhill.
johnpz
Gold Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 11:23
Status: Teacher Trainer

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby RobertD » 28 Oct 2011, 08:15

Do they not still have one in the admin building in the Staff Club?
User avatar
RobertD
Silver Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 07:54
Location: UK
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby RobertD » 31 Oct 2011, 16:52

Well, tonight's the night - did anything happen? Or has Halloween been banned at PZ?

We used to have a great laugh at the party in the staff club.
User avatar
RobertD
Silver Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 07:54
Location: UK
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 08 Nov 2011, 18:14

This thread is now dead.

But there will be other threads popping up in the future about PZ.

Long live the real Peizheng! Down with thieves and imposters such as Karl Wang.

On Linkedin, Max Long says he is still Program B Director. But he was fired / asked / forced to resign months ago.

Hmmmmm.

---
truthiness
Gold Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 17:14
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby ThirdView » 10 Nov 2011, 14:38

They are advertising on Dave's again.
ThirdView
Gold Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 30 May 2011, 05:49
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 10 Nov 2011, 15:06

The message must get out about Peizheng in its present condition. This message must reach those potential PZ victims!
truthiness
Gold Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 17:14
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby Iconkiller » 11 Nov 2011, 14:38

I have seen the advertisement. I have also reported it not being in Guangzhou.
I hate false advertisement. I am hearing rumors that every PZ teacher will have 5 office hours a week every week. Can anyone shed some light on this? The office hours will not be paid for. Why should we have to do them? If forced to do this I will leave when my contract ends.
Iconkiller
Silver Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2011, 02:43
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby Iconkiller » 11 Nov 2011, 14:46

RobertD wrote:Well, tonight's the night - did anything happen? Or has Halloween been banned at PZ?

We used to have a great laugh at the party in the staff club.



It is PZ cutting costs again. It is PZ not showing the culture exchange to the students. I guess fun at PZ will be next.

Future Teachers becareful if you choose Peizheng. What you have seen on the feeds and other websites just becareful. As for Maxi Pad nobody cares. He just needs to flush himself.
Iconkiller
Silver Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2011, 02:43
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby truthiness » 13 Nov 2011, 10:17

The pages supplied by (insert whomever) are now blocked, but the images are still there.

I'm referring to the two pages on webs . com

One is called peizheng and the other is peizhengscandal.

The photos of Max Long and Karl Wang will be reposted soon in different places. You haven't seen the last of these photos.
truthiness
Gold Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 17:14
Status: Teacher

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby Iconkiller » 14 Nov 2011, 15:52

truthiness wrote:The pages supplied by (insert whomever) are now blocked, but the images are still there.

I'm referring to the two pages on webs . com

One is called peizheng and the other is peizhengscandal.

The photos of Max Long and Karl Wang will be reposted soon in different places. You haven't seen the last of these photos.


Truthiness Email me. You have it. Don't mention who I am.
Iconkiller
Silver Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2011, 02:43
Status: Other

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby puzzlebox » 14 Nov 2011, 18:45

truthiness wrote:The message must get out about Peizheng in its present condition. This message must reach those potential PZ victims!


Peizheng's present condition is dismal, to say the least! Many of the veteran FTs have stated that it has now become unbearable (in relation to past years) and time to move on. And, several new FTs have said that 'one year' is all they can take; it's just plain boring there and all the rules and paperwork seem ridiculous! Some have already left; as many remaining FTs now have overtime classes. Some veteran FTs will be leaving at the end of this year and not returning Spring term. Most of the remaining veteran FTs will leave at the end of their contract in June (either due to FAO/Karl's attempt to clear out the old guard and make room for new unsuspecting victims, or due to EEC/Arthur having recently made the OE program an unbearable and ridiculous environment to work in).

Even students have said that the school climate is not the same this year and many are disappointed in their classes and classmates; as well as both, the CTs and the FTs. Some of the more hip students, are well aware of the many troubles that plague the college.

Yeah, it would seem that PZ has now become a giant mudslide! It has become obvious to all, that PZ's face of 'an advanced educational institution' is just a 'front for the corrupt administration' who is only self-serving and cares nothing for its teachers or its students.

Keep this thread alive as to continue in exposing PZ for what it is! "Pathetic"
puzzlebox
Gold Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 17:09
Status: Other

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests