Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in Asia inc. Middle East. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Re: Guangdong Peizheng College / Pei Zheng College

Unread postby TheTruth » 10 Aug 2011, 18:37

I am not publishing a book. I am not Paul. Save the rhetoric, please. When you all write things, you also enable, so to speak, my memory of things long suppressed because they were so ugly. Truly so ugly.

I do not hate the corpus of teachers in its entirety. In fact, being a God-fearing Christian, I try not to hate at all. Nonetheless, I am repulsed and revolted by a goodly number that I have seen come-and-go over the years who were and some still are just so unhinged.

Yes, Karl is worse than you could have ever imagined.

When the Chinese Consulate Vancouver called the College because B's family had gone to the Consulate (it was closed) on a Saturday afternoon Vancouver time determined to get a visa to fly immediately to China since B. was closer to God than to Guangzhou at that time, Karl denied DENIED that any of this had happened. It was only when the Canadian Consul General Guangzhou called the Chinese Consul General in Vancouver was the family on a Sunday morning accorded an emergency visa.

When the family arrived in Peizheng, they were banned from the school and were not allowed to retrieve any of B's belongings (as meager as they had been). I thought for sure that the son was going "to clock Karl one" if you know what that means in Bronx slang if the son had ever been able to locate Karl off-campus.

Again, my sincere apologies for the verb tense with Bob. He was about as great an individual as one could find at the College, probably one of the best in China.

And Karl is a piece of work and yet you are such good friends with Karl's "boy toy". You had to know what was going on between him and Karl. You had to -- many others did. And you didn't find it repulsive that a la Henry III of England, special intimate favors resulted in special other treatment at the College? For one, I was overly repulsed -- not by the men thing, that's not my business, but how both played itself to each of their advantage.

And actually this summer I am perfecting my Chinese tea ceremony so that I will do it to an "A" level as I already am a master of "chanoyu" (Japanese tea ceremony) so there is no book. Summimasen domo.

Thinking all over this I am happy in a sad way that you ruffled my memory -- perhaps it will allow future or perspective employees of the College to see how truly evil Karl is.

And concerning the death payment, it was not even done according to Chinese tradition. Maya should have received little envelopes from each and all of the Chinese staff with least RMB 200 in each envelope. That never happened. And that would have brought her a goodly amount considering all of the persons that Bob had touched.

And I am curious because perhaps you might know more than I do -- what caused the final falling out between Jonathan NZ and Karl? It was hushed over by the time it came to me. I understand that indeed there was one, a big one.

And also, why would Max (unless he was power hungry or something thereupon) bring Karl into the loop about B.E.'s private life in Huadu, knowing that Karl, confronted with his own inner fears, would terminate B.E., using age as a pretext. (I know for another fact that someone, someone showed Karl a site called http://www.s********es.com where B.E. had a rather suggestive photo with lots of commentary and that put Karl over the top). The fingers point at Max unless it was one other religious fanatic who has since left the place. Karl doesn't like to be confronted with himself -- understand?
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 10 Aug 2011, 19:29

I'm going to throw up.

I'm sending my family an email now to ask to borrow money to get out of here.

I will not be near this place any longer than necessary, if there is ANY morsel of truth to what you are saying. This is an emergency. Just how many sickos are there in PZ?

Also, what does this say about Max's performance in the video? It adds to the fishiness of his story in the video, trying illogically to desperately sort of partially vaguely blame Teacher R for getting Bob fired. Maybe Max DID somehow find info online on Bob so max could take his place.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 10 Aug 2011, 19:53

If any of you know, and it seems some of you are rather knowledgeable about the area and the TEFL situation here, please get in touch with me ASAP with any job info for September 2011. If I can't fly back home, I still want to leave PZ ASAP. It's too dangerous to be here. Too sickening. Too lavender.

Peizheng College is depraved and unsafe.

Much worse than previously thought.

And who is the boy toy again? Can we not out these sickos. With enough impetus, maybe someone will see Karl as a liability and rid PZ of him/it.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 11 Aug 2011, 03:24

truthiness wrote:I'm going to throw up.

I'm sending my family an email now to ask to borrow money to get out of here.

I will not be near this place any longer than necessary, if there is ANY morsel of truth to what you are saying. This is an emergency. Just how many sickos are there in PZ?

Also, what does this say about Max's performance in the video? It adds to the fishiness of his story in the video, trying illogically to desperately sort of partially vaguely blame Teacher R for getting Bob fired. Maybe Max DID somehow find info online on Bob so max could take his place.

Dear Fellow Poster,

There is more than a morsel of truth to what I write. I have no reason to come here except to write what has really happened, as best as I can remember it, truly as best as I can recall these things. As hardened as I may seem to you, I am actually not hardened at all. I have been in China a goodly number of years; I have come across dozens of foreign teachers, and at least 5 - 6 FAO's.

Somehow, somehow, when an FT is a good teacher at PZ, he or she is a really good teacher. When, however, an FT is totally crazed at PZ, he or she is crazed beyond mental institution.

Somehow, somehow, I worked with good, caring, warm, decent FAO's, FAO Directors and the like. Karl, however, is not among them. He is the face of evil and deceipt. The Director FAO that Karl replaced was a cranky, easily-angered guy but he was at least decent, approachable and relatively honest. He simply burned out. The same for the FAO assistants. Shemerry was great but she ran away to Canada and when she came back, she had enough. The person before Shemerry is still in the College but has been assigned elsewhere. A really good person but also burned out. The FAO Assistant before Shemerry, Farr, was totally and perfectly incompetent. Perhaps it was his weight (350 lbs) but he came from the same village in Nei Mongu as Karl. So Peizheng is a sad story in the end.

There have been few decent Program A and Program B Directors. As a rule, the Program B directors have mostly all been nuts, whacky, drunks, etc., etc. D. was great but she ran away with the love of her life. She was also terribly scattered but otherwise she was a truly caring person. The longest-running Program A Director, B.C., was really good until she hit the bottle when PZ got to her and once the bottle was hit, it remained hit. Then things changed. She protected the Filipinos until the end and when Karl announced that the Filipinos had to go, ipso facto, she quit.

And as for the Filipinos, I am still in contact with some of them. Some were cheated out of their last month's pay, the last part of the airfare, etc., overtime, the entire lot. Now where did that RMB 100,000 or so disappear? You tell me! Some like Babes were just pushed out in the middle of the term, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TERM. She was told to go to Manila, by Karl, to get a new visa, and when she go to Manila, guess what? She was fired. Is that scummy? I ask you -- is that scummy? And she was such a lovely lady.

When these things happened to Bob S., and to Bruce, the Canadian and his family, I was just crushed and mortified but it was in keeping with Karl Wang's policy of sleaze, to say the least.

When Daniel DeV. went to the bicycle sheds and trashed a good number of bicycles, and threw others in the river (that were fished out when the water level shrunk), when he beat up a simple little cashier at the Bu Bu Gao, and Karl absolutely blinked and then warned him that the police were coming, everyone was angry beyond angry. When Daniel DeV. was out on sick leave for three months after being beaten up by the pimp for non-payment, we all were revolted, just revolted. And this is the only time in all these years at the College that Paul's name became clouded, because, somehow, somehow, people were led to believe that he helped the crazed Daniel DeV. escape when the police were coming. True or not, I don't know but it was surely noised about and he was summoned to Karl for an explanation, even though it was KARL who called Daniel to warn him of the police! Is that insane or is that insane?

Yes, indeed somehow, somehow Max's performance on the video is indeed really trashy. Really, really trashy -- totally not believable and absolutely not sustainable. Karl KNEW from the day Bob arrived how old he was. It was Karl who hired him directly -- not Farr (the previous FAO). Poor Mark's vacant seat as director had not even been before Bob went after it and Bob announced that he was going get rid of all the trash. Those were his words, not mine. In the end, the trash got rid of him. And since you seem NOT to be believe me, and that is your 100% prerogative, here is the link that SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE forwarded to Karl which caused Bob's instant non-end-of-year demise with the resulting order to leave almost immediately (from Karl) : http://www.silverdaddies.com/view_profi ... ile=121551. There you have that part of the story. Karl simply cannot be confronted to himself particularly when it is a white male foreigner of a certain age cohabiting with a Chinese male of a not-so-certain age. Karl hates to look in the mirror.

Oh, and then I forgot to mention what some teachers did do. To curry favor with Karl, they would go to his house in Huadu to give private, unpaid English lessons to his son, a senior middle school student at the time. I know of at least two teachers, now departed Peizheng, who did this. Real kiss a**.

There have been so, so many incidents like that. So many. As for the boy toy, it is you that has begged the issue this time. I believe for a fact that you know him and may even be on a very friendly basis with him.

And yes, there are lots and lots and lots of jobs in China at the present. It is not hard to find, truly not hard, with salaries higher than that of PZ and in more normal settings. And here I speak to the fact directly and that is all I will say on this particular issue.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 11 Aug 2011, 16:22

Bob Ellis is a nice man. He was well-liked as a supervisor. Much better than Max Long.

But Bob's online profile is a bit too much to accept. It is said that Max Long outed him to Karl Wang with the link to his online sex profile so max could take his job. Compare this to Max's bizarre reasoning in the video about how another person in the video kind of sort of in a roundabout way was perhaps partially behind one of the myriad of possible reasons for Bob getting kind of, like, sort of, uh, canned.

Bob's sexually "versatile" he says. It seems it's silverdaddy-speak for being both passive and active partner.

Bob is yet another indication of how sordid and depraved Peizheng College is.

Someone has updated a page about some Peizheng wrongdoings:

http://peizheng.webs.com/

What's next? Is Gary Glitter coming to work in the Foreign Language Department at Peizheng?
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 11 Aug 2011, 18:10

Dear Truthiness,

For the first time, I 1,000% agree with the entirety of your post.

1. Bob is a very nice man, indeed. A gentleman and polite to his friends but cross him, and well, he can be tough for sure. (I never crossed him and he was never my boss).

2. I 1,000% believe that Max is the one who forwarded the link to Karl. I have no proof, none at all, except the only way that someone would have KNOWN about the link is if Bob himself would have divulged it to him or her. In a conversation with a friend-in-common (meaning I am friends with the person and Bob is friends with the person but we are not friends at all together at the at same time), Bob maintained that Max Long was a "fellow traveller" and an "intimate friend" (I quote almost verbatim) and that Max would never harm Bob. One never, ever knows -- that is for sure. Max is a like a shark and he could have smelled blood in the water, so to speak, and thus he could have done all the damage once he realized that Bob was sinking fast, so to speak. Teacher "T" to whom you alluded and to whom Max alludes in the video would absolutely NOT have had Bob's confidence so that Bob would have permitted himself to share the site with Teacher "T". Max, on the other hand, would have.

Someone needs to look at the site to see if Max is also registered there somewhere. My feeling is that that might be highly possible.

3. I encourage all readers to read these posts and particularly these blogs. They can be quite informative.

4. Finally, you really should bring Dr. Turnoi on www.eslteachersboard.com on board with all of this. He is a very, very good ally in these cases. Just a word to the wise.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 11 Aug 2011, 19:13

TheTruth

My take is this:

That Max Long (or another homosexual on campus) had his own profile on that page and found Bob's profile by mistake. Or that a homosexual friend on campus had a falling out with Bob and then snitched.

I believe that Max might have had (or might still have) a profile on that page, but that he was/is very coy about it. No direct photo showing the face, and no real name, for example. There is another page on the internet and Max has his back to the camera - I think it's his Myspace page.

Max in my opinion has "woman trapped in a man's body" written all over him. There are certain aspects to his "psyche" that are simply missing (from a man, that is). I mean pathologically absent. Physiologically not there. Interior decoration? Gay! Bamboo and hats galore? Gay! Bicycle with a flag and licence plate on it? Gay!

VIDEO: About Teacher T - I don't know what you mean. You mean Teacher R (aka The Pharoah)? Max was pathetically trying to use Teacher R as a shield against what Max (Kim Ray Long) himself/itself (probably) did to Bob Ellis. Otherwise I didn't understand any of what you said about Teacher T. Who is Teacher T again? You don't mean T---y, do you?

Max Long is scattered and illogical. One minute he says to your face that he will ask Karl to fire you, and the next minute, there is a note on your door thanking you for giving him directions to "that wonderful (enter utilitarian errand) neighborhood" or some such rubbish and then 30 minutes later he's knocking on your door offering you watermelon or cookies.

...AS IF YOU HAD THE MEMORY CAPACITY OF A COCKROACH AND DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT HOURS EARLIER HE WAS TRYING TO GET YOU FIRED AND IN YOUR FACE ADMITTING IT! IT'S LIKE DEALING WITH A PRE-LOGIC INFANT.

Clue: He's projecting his own "psychosis" onto us.

Max Long and the string of "foot" massages:

Totally a cover-up for his real orientation, unless he's AC/DC.

AC/DC? MAX? DAMN RIGHT! "Dirty deeds, done dirt-cheap." Yup, that's him/it.

P.S. I don't know Turnoi. Please contact said person if you can. Direct said person here if you can.

----

About Babes Lopez:

I heard she had had time to do her passport renewal but waited until too late and then had to do it in Manila, but how did Karl get away with not paying her? Either way, I'm sure she got screwed big-time by Karl. She must know Karl is loko-loko for money and that he is a total bolero.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 11 Aug 2011, 20:34

and...

why is Bob teaching kids in Huadu now?

and and...

why is his profile still there?

and and and...

If you are serious about teaching, get out of China. Why? Because as Thailand is a magnet for sexual deviants, China is a magnet for wasters and sickos.

The solution is simple. LEAVE

Not here yet? DON'T COME HERE

How many "teachers" at Peizheng speak Chinese? How many know anything about China? How many aren't psychotic? How many aren't wanted in their home country? How many can go 24 hours without beer?

Peizheng is to TEFL what AIDS is to an immune system. Keep your body, mind and soul really far away from Peizheng, forever.

McTeachers and Satanic Schools

A match made in hell (Peizheng College).
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 12 Aug 2011, 02:47

Yes, I did make a mistake. I do mean the Pharoah and not the other teacher. It was late last night when I was typing this so I made a typo. Thank you for picking it up. I don't want to sleaze someone who doesn't deserve it.

And re dear Babes, I miss her. She didn't wait too late to get her passport done. She had time. She and I sat in her apartment and we walked her through all of this. What really happened was that Karl WOULD not provide her with the necessary papers to obtain a new "Z" visa and then a new "residence sticker". He dillydallied around with this until it was too late and then sent her to Manila with only half the needed papers (done incorrectly) and then she was exited -- in every sense of the term. She had been working heavy overtime and she was not paid for that. That disappeared. Her April salary disappeared entirely (she left near May 1st). Her airfare reimbursement disappeared and she lost out on the February pay since in her case, like it was being done then, it was going to be held until later in the year. She did not receive a recommendation letter and she did not receive a release. Pure Karl and FAO trash. She did receive a husband, however, and all are now living happy-ever-after (also at least as of last night). I understand from her that at least one another Filipino was seriously shorted at the end.

Your point about Max on that silverdaddies site is quite good. I am sure (at least 80%) that he is there somewhere. The friend that Bob E. and I have in common who is still at the College and who is gay had no idea about Bob's profile on silverdaddies. None at all. Bob kept that hidden from him. Bob kept the young-like-30 year Chinese boyfriend from him too. All of this came as a surprise to him (meaning the gay guy still at PZ). He did tell me last night when I called him, however, that he agrees with you about Max. Perfectly agrees with you. He is going to look at www.fridae.com (that is the site that he gave me) because he thinks that both Max and Bob and at least one other teacher from PZ are on that site. I don't have the moral strength to wander through a site of naked guys showing their "little brothers" as the Chinese say to go looking for this.

I am going out for a while. I need to pick up some things at "T" Mart and I don't want to miss the free bus.

Oh, as for Dr. Turnoi, if you just leave a posting under "School Reviews" and address it to him in the first line, and refer him to all of the blogs and the rest, he will assist you for sure. He's been around here far longer than anyone I know. Far longer.

Kind regards.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 12 Aug 2011, 04:14

Has anyone entertained the idea that someone else put up a profile that included Bob's picture. The language on the profile does not reflect the demeanor that bob held the entire time I knew him. Someone gunning for his job could easily have planted that profile to dirty bob's name.
johnpz
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 05:24

Babes and many others over the years have had money stolen from Karl Wang.

How? Well, guess what! The foreign teacher salaries go through Karl Wang's office.

Highly irregular you say? Damn right. Especially since the financial office is next door. So Karl is sharing the money with those higher than him, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to have the salaries go through his office. It's a Peizheng issue actually, and not just a Karl Wang issue. The "people" in the financial office kept a straight face when I asked them about the weirdness of the foreign teacher salaries going through "Karl Wang".

The government must close PZ. For that to happen PZ has to become an embarrassment on China and Guangdong. That's what all this flurry of online activity is about. And it's not only about PZ - it's about Chinese "schools", and even EFL "schools" in general.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby johnpz » 12 Aug 2011, 05:27

johnpz wrote:Has anyone entertained the idea that someone else put up a profile that included Bob's picture. The language on the profile does not reflect the demeanor that bob held the entire time I knew him. Someone gunning for his job could easily have planted that profile to dirty bob's name.

I do remember something about someone saying "I'm gonna get you" and "I fight dirty." Maybe this is what that person was referring to.
Last edited by johnpz on 12 Aug 2011, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
johnpz
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 05:28

johnpz wrote:Has anyone entertained the idea that someone else put up a profile that included Bob's picture. The language on the profile does not reflect the demeanor that bob held the entire time I knew him. Someone gunning for his job could easily have planted that profile to dirty bob's name.

Fair comment. Then someone must email him about the issue and he can have it removed, or if it is Bob who put it there, he can remove it before it costs him his new Huadu job.

Remember all of this is a stain on TEFL teachers in general too.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 05:30

johnpz wrote:

I do remember something about someone saying "I'm gonna get you" and "I fight dirty." Maybe this is what that person was referring to.

Yes. ThirdView said that about Max. Good point.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 06:33

johnpz wrote:The language on the profile does not reflect the demeanor that bob held the entire time I knew him.

Fair enough. But I doubt he would have mentioned getting his fudge pucker rammed during a teachers' meeting. Even "ProgBers" and "ProgAers" would have been grossed out.

He never left a note on my door saying he was a bottom, thank God.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 12 Aug 2011, 13:23

Sorry to disappoint you all but my very reliable friend-in-common (meaning between me and B.E.) assures me that B.E. put that site up himself. I can't go into details because the common friend is still at PZ but he assures me that if you were to email B.E. at silverdaddies, he actually will answer you himself, him very own self.

So while the thought was entertaining, it was inacurrate.
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby TheTruth » 12 Aug 2011, 14:23

Apparently they are recruiting all over the 'Net at the very, very last moment as they are having trouble (or so I hear) in hiring the amount of candidates that they need for this term. Perhaps prospective candidates are reading things on the Internet, who knows?
TheTruth
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 15:07

Thanks for that nugget of info. If this hurts recruitment, great, but perhaps the school should be shut down. After all, how many people have been ripped off and for how many years?

Most of these "teachers" passing through aren't real teachers - if they were, they wouldn't be letting Peizheng steal from them. Filipinos aren't interested in justice, otherwise they would have been all over the internet about the scams.

"Getting ripped off? It's China!" most say, as if that somehow makes it ok to get ripped off.

"It IS China if you're a naive foreigner, yes."

Pigs are flying in Peizheng and the only reason they are flying is because PZ is chokka with FTs who:

- think because it's China, whatever "the Chinese" do is valid since it's their country, even if it means theft (these people know nothing about China and nothing about rights or living overseas and don't deserve better treatment)

- are slaves to drugs in their various forms, such as alcohol

- don't speak or read Chinese and are in passive mode

Although because of the high turnover at PZ, there are always large numbers who leave soon after arriving.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but I'm clarifying my stance on this place. I also can't stomach going through those homosexual sex websites looking for Max Long's profile. I do agree that he's probably in there somewhere but I think his identity and photo will be obscured to the point of non-recognition anyway.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 16:15

TheTruth wrote:Perhaps prospective candidates are reading things on the Internet, who knows?

When I Google "peizheng" or "peizheng college" this thread is the second result. And there are almost always guests reading this thread.

I think very few people consider working at a school without Googling the school first. I would be more interested in seeing this scandal become very very big and having the government step in to stem the embarrassment and close this college or at least take away its right to hire foreign experts. As it is, I think they are already probably having to bribe the FEB even more than normal.
truthiness
Gold Member

Unread postby truthiness » 12 Aug 2011, 17:33

The Ongoing Guangdong Peizheng College Scandal 1998-2011 (and still going strong!)

Peizheng College = DEPRAVITY

http://peizheng.webs.com/

http://www.peizhengscandal.com/

http://www.webspawner.com/users/peizhengscandal/

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2328

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=944040

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmV2fy4dTx8

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GHK78SR7EHQ/

http://www.silverdaddies.com/view_profi ... ile=121551

---------------

The Ongoing Guangdong Peizheng College Scandal 2010-

堕落, 盗窃, 侵占, 同性恋

This is a college that the government must close down. It has been the centre of depravity, theft, scandals, and embezzlement for 12 years.

我要求政府关闭这所学院。它已被管理员无尽的盗窃和家庭在过去12年来的许多丑闻。

DEPRAVITY, peizheng, pei zheng, 培正, puiching, 广东培正学院英语教育中心, 丑闻, Max Long ( Kim Ray Long ), ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL, China, Peizheng, Pei, Zheng, scandal, Guangdong Peizheng College, maxlong333@gmail.com, teaching english china, Karl Wang ( Wenzhong Wang ), 王文仲, Wáng Wén Zhòng, Wang2 Wen2 Zhong4
truthiness
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs Discussion - Asia