Help, tips and advice in teaching English. Classroom problems, lesson planning, career advice, staff...
How would you answer a student who asked 'What does 'get' mean?'
Please help me with this.
- Registered Member
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Mar 2008, 03:14
The verb to get has 4 major meanings, you can use some sentences to illustrate the various meanings:
1) to receive: I got 2 letters this morning.
2) to buy or acquire: I get my meat from the local butcher.
3) to become: he's getting older.
4)to take: I get the bus in the centre of town.
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 16:09
- Location: France
- Status: Teacher Trainer
Return to TEFL Help Desk
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests