Do you have any tips for teaching in Thailand?

Help, tips and advice in teaching English. Classroom problems, lesson planning, career advice, staff...

Moderator: Susan

Unread postby gp50 » 21 Mar 2007, 12:23

I have recently applied for a CELTA course in Thailand which finishes around May/June time. What is the likelihood of my getting a job there once qualified? When do their terms start/finish. How difficult would it be to go on to teach in India with this same qualification?

I had been advised that qualifications are only needed in Europe but wanted an intensive course to build up my confidence as I have never tauht before.

I would appreciate any info you could give me!

Thanks
gp50
Registered Member

Unread postby Lucy » 24 Mar 2007, 15:02

Dear gp50,

It's possible to get teaching work in most countries with a Certificate. Some countries also ask for a university degree; this is a requirement set by some governments. I'm not sure about the situation in Thailand. I have never worked there and I prefer not to give you incorrect or misleading information.

I suggest you contact the training centre you'll be studying with; they'll be able to tell you about term dates. They might also have contacts with schools in the country; some training centres help their students find work at the end of the course.

I'm am copying your question into the ESL jobs forum and the General discussion forum so that other people can respond to your post.

Good luck,

Lucy
Lucy

Return to TEFL Help Desk