Can you help me with objectives and listening activities?

Help, tips and advice in teaching English

Moderator: Joe

star*

Unread post by star* »

I really need ur help

Hi there

Iam about 2 have my first lesson but iam facing a problem with writing good ((objectives)) 4 my lesson plan
My lesson is 4 listening and I planned 2 have an interview (recorded) with some comprehension questions___plz iam waiting 4 ur help…………………..
Lucy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Lucy »

Dear Star,

I’m not quite sure what help you need here.

If you want help structuring a lesson on listening, I have just responded to Joanna on the same topic.

As for writing objectives, I understand your concerns. It can be very difficult to write objectives when you are new to teaching. The best approach is to think about what your students are going to do or achieve during the lesson. You will probably have a number of objectives for one lesson as you will have a number of stages in the lesson. Examples are: “to give students practice in using past simple questions”; “to give students practice in listening for specific information”; “to give students practice in listening for gist”. I’m not sure which you are focussing on in your lesson (listening for specific information, gist or both).

Please feel free to write in again for further help. Could you please give me details about the class you are going to teach and exactly how you would like me to help? The more specific your questions are to me, the more I can help you.

Best wishes,

Lucy