experience is needed for TEFL test

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

winnie w

experience is needed for TEFL test

Unread post by winnie w »

am planing to take a course and take the TEFL test. dont know what to prepare and how to take the test.
anyone one who pass the test can advise me .
thank you
winnie
Briona
Top Contributor

Re: experience is needed for TEFL test

Unread post by Briona »

Hi there,

I've just replied to your other post. It wasn't clear from that one that you were talking about TEFL.

If you want to become a teacher, you need to take a TEFL course. There are two types of courses - online self-study courses and face-to-face intensive ones. Depending on the type of course you choose, you will be assessed through assignments and/or teaching practice. You will not need to take a test.

Regards,

Briona
Experience teaching in Vietnam, Portugal, Poland, Spain, the UK, and Qatar
winnie w

Unread post by winnie w »

thx Briona
donaldja

Unread post by donaldja »

Nice information
AKCrystal

Unread post by AKCrystal »

I'm currently taking a 120hr online course, and then plan to take a 30hr classroom base course (which is held over 3 days). But I am also seriously looking into University of Leicester's Applied Linguistics and TESOL distance learning degree. But I need a student loan for that.

I am finding that taking detailed notes, are really helping.
graemecr

Unread post by graemecr »

AKCrystal i'm so sorry to tell you thins, the course you are doing is not worth it. your certificate will not be valid or recognised by any serious professional school. you need a CELTA or Trinity Tesol. - these are the ONLY two worth their fee. i'm not saying you wont get some work with the online course but you are opening yourself up to dodgy operators, poor work conditions and a constant struggle when people turn you down for not being qualified