Teaching students Online

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Baltos

Teaching students Online

Unread post by Baltos »

Has anyone any experience of using an 'online agency' for finding students wanting to study online?
I found thetutorpages.com but was wondering if these sites are really worth signing up for. Or if you know of a good freebie site where I can post an ad......
Am hoping to start teaching online early next year.
pauldev

Re: Teaching students Online

Unread post by pauldev »

Language spirit is a good choice, you could try registering with them to be an on-line teacher.

It's important to develop your skills and knowledge within a range of areas to become a successful EFL teacher.

These areas include classroom management, structuring a lesson, games, working with language, planning, dealing with vocabulary,problems and solutions and feedback and reflection.

Please visit the following link to view a range of high quality EFL training and teaching materials designed by Paul Devenny, Director of Education from the UK with 12 years experience.

http://www.e-junkie.com/EliteEFLTeachingResources
Awalls86
Rising Star

Unread post by Awalls86 »

Language students are generally quite resourceful at finding teachers and classes, so putting yourself about (for want of a better expression) on the internet will help. I wouldn't necessarily trust that the sites you mention have any better idea than you about where to find students. Using general and free classfieds that are more famous (gumtree, craigslist) can be more effective. The best way to get students on or offline however is through recommendation or talking directly to students, so perhaps find your way into a few groups or forums designed for language learners, give a little something for nothing and they may well soon become your students. You could also approach local education providers as a potential referrer (I am assuming you might be working from an English-speaking country) - they may have students who are struggling with the English demands of their course and require some tuition.
NiceGuyEddie

Unread post by NiceGuyEddie »

Teacher7 : how easy did you find it, setting up as a freelance teacher online?
serendip

Unread post by serendip »

There are many teachers online. Experience and credentials is the only way to stand out.
harryroy

Unread post by harryroy »

Can you please explain about your qualification and in which subject do you want to teach?
Grizzly
Rising Star

Unread post by Grizzly »

Thank you all for your comments. I learned a lot in this thread!