TEFL Saint-Petersburg, Russia

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

CBruneau

TEFL Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Unread post by CBruneau »

Hello Everyone!

I am enrolled in a TEFL Certification course at Benedict School in Saint-Petersburg this October. This is my first time traveling abroad, as well as my first post on a TEFL forum. That being said, this whole process is completely new to me. I was wondering if anyone had any experience taking courses, teaching, or even living in Saint-Petersburg as a foreigner that they would like to share. Also, if anyone has any information on specific schools in Saint-Petersburg for employment after certification. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks!
RUdoniV

Re: TEFL Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Unread post by RUdoniV »

I received my TEFL cert from the Benedict School... good people there. Sankt Petersburg is a great place to live and work. There are many great places to work. I have worked for Denis' school and Glory School and I prefer Glory School. Denis' School is a slow pay kinda place... NOT GOOD! Glory School is cool and has great people and a lot of work. You will also receive a list of others that hire after your certification. Good luck, email me if you'd like to know more!
Leningrad+

Re: TEFL Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Unread post by Leningrad+ »

Hello All!

I am currently pursuing a TEFL certificate here in the states. I am very excited about the opportunity to Teach English in beautiful St. Petersburg. For those of you who have taught English in St. Petersburg, what is the average pay for a beginner teacher? I want to have a general idea of pay as I begin to go through the interview process. Also, are there any schools I should consider? I am comfortable teaching all ages.

Your help means a lot to me, looking forward to hearing from you!

Anya