Any advice for a teacher on their first job?

For general discussion between teachers - or use one of the forums below for more specific topics.

Moderator: Susan

MissVDB
Registered Member

Any advice for a teacher on their first job?

Unread postby MissVDB » 27 Apr 2012, 23:45

Ok-doke, it was a fun course, but it's time for me to go ahead and teach on my first job - A summer camp in the French Alps, teaching to primary school children. I feel a little rusty on the old lesson planning jig, and I am a little nervous about the whole payment rate etc, but overall I am happy. I just hope it turns out well with the company I am working with, Student City France.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm feeling pretty jittery, and "I-can't-do-it", and I'm worrying about everything from travel fares, travelling, teaching, being paid and everythng in between. I also have a predicament in that there are two 10 day breaks in the 4 weeks I will be teaching, and I don't know how to manage them, financially or otherwise. If anyone has any advice, words of encouragement or anything to add, I thank you in advance :D

Alex Case
Teacher Trainer

Re: Any advice for a teacher on their first job?

Unread postby Alex Case » 04 May 2012, 12:33

It's a little difficult to work out what kind of advice you want. Could you phrase your request for advice as questions?

Return to “General Teacher Discussion”