CELTA Pre-interview questions...

For general discussion between teachers - or use one of the forums below for more specific topics.

Moderator: Susan

CELTA Pre-interview questions...

Unread postby Edward » 03 Dec 2011, 20:33

Hi everyone,

I could use some help with some pre-interview questions that have been presented to me as a pre-interview requirement. I am simply looking for advice on a lot of these questions, being a native English speaker I understand the appropriate use of the words and the differences between them but I am struggling to put it down on paper in an informative way...

The questions are...

How would you explain to a language learner the difference in meaning between these two examples? He's been to Paris / He's gone to Paris.

How would you explain to a language learner the difference in meaning between these two examples? I’ve been doing the washing-up/I’ve done the washing-up

How would you explain to a language learner the difference in meaning between these two examples? If I have enough money I’ll go on holiday/ If I had enough money I’d go on holiday

Vocabulary

Explain the difference between the following pairs of words.

bring/fetch

thin / skinny

win / beat

Pronunciation

Say the following words aloud (try them in a sentence) and then mark
the syllable that takes the main stress; like this:  
hospital understand

allow prediction controversial prefer preference

photograph photographic photographer record(noun) record(verb)

APPROACHES TO TEACHING AND LEARNING

Now think of your own experience as a learner of languages at a school or elsewhere. What conclusions would you draw from your experience as regards what makes a good language lesson? Write a minimum of a hundred words in the space provided below.
Edward
Registered Member

Return to General Teacher Discussion