By observing these Rules and Guidelines you help make the TEFL Forums interesting and helpful for all users. Thank you for your participation.
1. English is the only acceptable language in these forums.
2. As soon as possible after registration you should make at least one post. User accounts with zero posts are liable to be closed without warning.
3. Company names or acronyms thereof, domain names and email addresses are not permitted for usernames. When choosing a username please use discretion as usernames that breach these or other rules may be removed without notice.
4. The posting of commercial spam or promotional links is not permitted. In your profile, you may set up a signature (including one link) that will be displayed below all your future posts. Substantive posts from business professionals are welcomed and encouraged, but please do not abuse the signature by making meaningless posts simply to get your signature/link displayed.
5. Respect the decision of moderators. If your post is deleted or edited by a moderator do NOT make more posts questioning or abusing that moderator. A moderator's decision is final.
6. Do not send offensive Private Messages or email to moderators or other users. Offenders' accounts will be terminated immediately.
7. The use of multiple usernames is not permitted.
Topics or posts that do not respect the above rules may be deleted without warning. Accounts of users who do not respect the above rules may be terminated.
a. Topics: Please start new Topics in the appropriate Forum. If there is no Forum for your Topic, post it in the General Discussion Forum. Give your Topic a meaningful subject line (something that describes your Topic). Topics in the wrong forum will be moved or deleted. Topics with meaningless subject lines will be deleted.
b. Posts: Please do not add off-topic Posts. Make sure your post is about the Topic in hand. Do not add meaningless Posts with no words and just a few exclamation marks or smilies. Off-topic Posts and meaningless Posts will be deleted.
c. Please preview and proofread your post. Posting with excessive bold or in all capitals is poor netiquette. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However, English is not necessarily the first language of all members so don't waste space correcting other members' posts unnecessarily.
d. Please bear in mind that we cannot actively monitor the contents of each and every message posted. Messages posted express the views of the poster and are not necessarily the views of TEFL.net. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. Any user who feels that a message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately using the report function.
e. We reserve the right to edit any post, for example for the purposes of clarification, removal of superfluous matter or correction of typos.
f. If you are asking a question/seeking help you are recommended to write shorter rather than longer posts. Please come to the point. Long, rambling posts with one or two questions buried in them are unlikely to receive many if any answers.