wishing to start teaching after a long break??

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

downunder

wishing to start teaching after a long break??

Unread post by downunder »

Hi everyone. I'm a Turkish national who has been living in Australia for the last 13 years. I completed a BA degree in Teaching English as a Second Language in Turkey, and after graduation I taught English in a private college for five years before emigrating to Oz. I did no proper or regular teaching at all in Australia apart from a short spell at a school helping Australian-born Turkish kids learn Turkish. I now work in a completely different industry but I have this burning desire to get back to teaching again, preferably outside Australia, but not quite sure how to go about it. In addition to my BA degree in TESOL, I also obtained a TEFL certificate in Australia through an online course as a back up. Would I stand a fair chance to get a teaching job around Europe, or in the Middle East perhaps? Please advise. Thanks.
philip

Re: wishing to start teaching after a long break??

Unread post by philip »

its a great informations...because taeching is the better service that we can provides for the societies...every successful students have the best hands of a teachers behind it....!!!
SuzyTeach

Unread post by SuzyTeach »

downunder wrote:Hi everyone...Would I stand a fair chance to get a teaching job around Europe, or in the Middle East perhaps? Please advise. Thanks.
Hi @downunder,

I think that even if you have taken break in teaching, then you still have a chance of getting a job. You just have to make sure that you have a really great resume so that you can stand above those who have not had a break in teaching. Best of luck and I hope you don't have any issues finding

Suzy
Last edited by Susan on 06 Sep 2011, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove link
lopezbutt

Unread post by lopezbutt »

You may start your career from now onwards.Nothing will be impossible if you have a capacity to teach English.