Networking with other TEFLers

For general discussion between teachers - or use one of the forums below for more specific topics.

Moderator: Susan

Networking with other TEFLers

Unread postby EMJAY » 30 Jul 2010, 18:29

Hi guys,

I'm a 22 year old graduate from the UK and a prospective ELT. I am really interested in hearing from other people in a similar situation.

Ultimately I think I would like to meet other young teachers to travel and share the experience with. I've travelled in Asia by myself and with friends and found the latter much more fufilling. An adventure shared is an adventure doubled in my book. Relaying the memories, having support and security and in this case being able to compare teaching experiences would make everything even more worthwhile.

I am thinking about doing one of the Thailand Internship courses, or doing a course in the UK and then searching for jobs in Spain, Italy, France. But of course will consider other opportunities!

Would like to hear from individuals and also if anyone is aware of any networks that pre-exist that would be great.

I'm based in Surrey at the moment and plan on getting qualified and doing at least one placement within one year, possibly starting September but also keeping my options open.

Emma
EMJAY
Registered Member

Return to General Teacher Discussion