Master Dissertation Help

For general discussion between teachers - or use one of the forums below for more specific topics.

Moderator: Susan

Master Dissertation Help

Unread postby fatihb » 18 Jun 2010, 14:21

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can find some good Masters dissertation examples? I’m just starting to piece together my Masters dissertation, but you can only get to see the department papers if you book in. I did this once, but I couldn’t find anything close to my subject so I want dissertation material closer to my thesis. Has anyone found a good online source? I want something that is similar to my area of study so that I can get a better idea of how to piece my information together.

I realize I’m not going to find something really close – obviously! Or there’d be no point doing the dissertation in the first place! – but I’d just like something that’s has enough similarity that the structure will inspire me. I’m researching students and their perception of school in the later 20th c. I’m doing this from a sociology standpoint (talking to people age 60+), but I imagine there are other disciplines that could have some level of overlap for my purposes – history? Urban geography maybe? Thanks in advance for any help. I think I’ll be starting the write up a fair few weeks before anyone else, so that means I’ve got time to wait a few weeks if I need to order information from a distant archive.
fatihb
Registered Member

Return to General Teacher Discussion