I have a few questions I would like to ask of all you TEFL veterans. As you can probably see I am a newbie here and would love it if I could get serious answers and no burns please. I have not started a TEFL course yet, I am still shopping around and checking out my options. I am a 22 year old, New Zealand citizen currently residing in Australia. I have been looking into the working holiday scheme and I think this will be a great way for me to find paid TEFL work abroad to supplement my savings, without the hassle of a work visa, I am currently looking into Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Vietnam, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, and most of the European countries (mainly Schengen states) that have a working holiday scheme with New Zealand.
1) Is it possible to find work with a TEFL certificate, working holiday visa but no degree?
2) What is the best way to find TEFL jobs abroad?
3) Are internships worth the large upfront costs and small wages?
4) Are recruitment agencies worth using?
5) Will I be able to find work paying a liveable wage without a degree?
6) Which countries should I be focusing on and which ones should I forget about?
I understand I am asking for a lot of information, but any REAL advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.