Seeking a summer English camp job - suggestions plse??

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions in general. Please do not post job ads here.

Moderator: Susan

Seeking a summer English camp job - suggestions plse??

Unread postby NomadicMeow » 08 Apr 2013, 12:06

I am looking for a language camp job to tie me over between my current placement ending in late June, and another position starting in September.

By the summer, I will have one academic year of experience teaching elementary English. I am from the US with degrees in foreign language and social sciences but no certificate, no linguistics or teaching major. I have graded or taught American undergrads for a few years. I speak conversational Japanese, and I understand some basic Mandarin Chinese. I'm between 35 and 40, but I pass for younger.

I can go just about anywhere in Eurasia or to the eastern US. I am open to teaching various grade levels and abilities, but I do prefer that the program provide its own curriculum (and if for elementary, it had best provide co-teachers). If it is not in China, then the job must pay seriously enough that I could fly to China at the end of August.

Something in China or Taiwan would be ideal, but I am getting a lot of "F visa only" offers from the PRC. I want something legit; I need to actually get paid (and not deported).

I need to settle on something ASAP. All suggestions appreciated!
NomadicMeow
Registered Member

Return to Jobs Discussion